Jealousy - Part 3

Teja came out from the smoking room after sometime and realised that Karan had left the party.
She went inside the elevator and reached the ground floor to see Omi waiting in the lobby.. As soon as he saw her he came towards her saying "Teja bhaiiiii.. I'm.. I'm so sorry.. I didn't know Ka......." but Teja interrupted him.

"No Omi you didn't do anything. I did." she sighed.

Omi looked at her with regret and said "Bhai.. Bhai chale gaye actually.."

Teja nodded and asked him if he knew where he went.

Just then Teju's phone started ringing. She picked up the call and said - "Ajmal bhai.. Boliye?"

"Ma'am aapne kaha tha ki aap Sir ke saath jaayenge toh mai gaadi leke aapke ghar jaane laga tha. But abhi Karan Sir ka call aaya tha.. Unhone bola mujhe vapas aane.. Kaha vo akele nikal rahe hain kahin aur toh mai aa jaau aur aapko aapke ghar chod du.." he stated.

Teja closed her eyes and leaned onto the nearby wall pinching the bridge of her nose. She gathered herself up and told him to get the car infront of the entrance.

"Parvez?" Teja saw him sitting at the corner in the lobby. She went towards him and asked him about Karan's whereabouts.

"Bhabhi kuch nahi bataya mujhe.. Bas chabhi li mujhse aur nikal gaye.."
Teja sighed. Omi came and escorted her outside. She dodged the paps and their questions by keeping a fake smile on her face.

"Goregaon na madam?" Ajmal bhai asked her as she entered the car.

"Nahi Versova. Sunny ke ghar.." Teja said.

The car started moving and Teja went on to call Karan. Switched off.

She quickly opened her whatsapp and texted him to pick up the call & be safe.

Soon they arrived and Teja opened his house door with her set of keys. The house was empty. His parents were out in Punjab and Karan was nowhere to be seen. She panicked and called him again.
Unreachable again. She quickly left him a voice note asking him to come home.

It was 11.45 pm. She cursed herself for using those words and went inside the shower. As the cold water ran shivers down her body, her warm tears ran uncontrollably down her face.

She came out after sometime and sat on his bed waiting for him.

"Sunny please.. Please come home Sunny. I'm scared.. 2 ghante ho gaye sunny.. Atleast tell me where you are!"

"I'm really sorry Karan.. I was out of line and it's my fault. I'm sorry Sunny.. Just come home please.."

"Sunny don't do this please I beg you.."

"Just come home safe that's all Karan. That's all! Karan it's 4 o clock just come please baby!"

These were just some of the numerous voice notes that she sent him that night.

Waddling through his balcony, his living room, his bedroom, and his kitchen waiting for him.. She finally settled herself on the floor leaning onto the wall of his bedroom terrace.
Looking through the stars and regretting each word that came out of her mouth.. She dosed off.

------------

Karan opened the lock of his door. He entered the bedroom, kept his belongings on the couch when his eyes went towards his terrace garden.

He went towards it and saw Teja leaning on the wall, sleeping.

He looked away towards the sky and wiped the lone tear in his eyes and went inside his bedroom.