Ch. 26 - Old Memories

Second felt something.

A disturbance in the Interspace.

Could it be...?

No. Much too early.

Maybe...?

No. Impossible.

Wait... what if...

His eyes shot open.

He was still sitting in his chair in the computer lab.

Yellow was still typing away furiously. Wires were still wrapped around Victim, Silverfrost, and Multi. At least they hadn't woken up yet.

Yellow's current stance reminded Second of that one time they'd attempted to speedrun Minecraft together. It had been a lot of fun, but very tiring. They'd managed to beat the world record by one second- literally- but the Captcha bot caught them trying to submit their record. But apart from that, it had been a lot of fun.

Second remembered looking into the Void as he stood on the End island. That part of the Void had been purple, however. But if what he'd thought a while ago was true...

Snatching up his phone, he made his way to the portal room, which inhabited a Nether portal and an End portal, both of which were already activated. Second took a deep breath, then stepped through the End portal, onto an obsidian platform.

There was the island. None of the End crystals were there; all of the End gateways were there, though. The Ender Dragon was nowhere to be seen.

Second thought back to when they'd first encountered the Dragon. Purple- the deceiving traitor- had tricked Green and Blue into killing the Dragon- or at least, nearly killing it- and almost managed to get away with killing them as well.

Purple... the Void...

He heard rumbling.

His heart skipped a beat.

He looked down.

A grey tendril slithered around the platform he was standing on.

Was the Void... hungry?

Or was it...

Corrupted??

He didn't have time to think at that moment. He leapt towards the island, summoning green energy to blast him even further.

A tug on his leg.

He hit the cold Endstone ground and slid backwards, towards the edge of the island! Only then did he realize a tendril was wrapped around his leg. He sliced at it repeatedly with his blade, but every time he did so, another would quickly replace it.

As he looked back, he saw that the obsidian platform was gone. His eyes widened with fear.

He scrabbled for something to hold on to.

A small stuck rock.

A sliver of hope.

Clutching it, he summoned energy while reaching down with his blade.

The blade flashed.

The tendril snapped.

An explosion rocked the island. Smoke rose. Waves of green rolled across the floor and slammed into the obsidian towers, causing them to crumble.

A streak of orange hurtled out of the smoke, towards the activated exit portal.

The island glitched as Void tendrils struggled against the code holding the island in place.

The thread snapped.

The island fell into the depths of the Void and shattered into a million fragments before glitching out of existence.