Ch. 28 - The Resurrection War

Dark, King, and Purple were crouched in a bush close to the Void hill.

There were no ViraBots nearby because King was afraid they would blow their cover, so Dark had fixed the Bots so that they could move extremely fast when commanded to.

Dark had thought Chosen would decide to come to the Void hill just in case anyone died, so there they were, hiding right next to the very hill.

Hours passed. Purple nearly fell asleep, but King punched him. Because of this, Purple had gotten insomnia, and phantoms swooped down at them from the sky. Dark quickly took care of them, making a rather-disgusting midnight snack of fried membranes; however, Purple had managed to salvage some to repair his elytra.

Morning finally came, and after a breakfast of cake, kokies, and pumpkin pie, they repositioned themselves behind the bush and waited.

Noon quickly came and went. Purple was bored out of his mind and was playing with his new abilities. As the sun slowly slid behind the horizon, a cool breeze brushed past them. Dark turned his head... and saw the air ripple.

The cool breeze...

He conjured his blade and sliced at the place he'd seen the ripple.

It hit nothing.

He threw fireballs everywhere, knowing the enemy would have no choice but to reveal themselves. And as he expected...

One of his own fireballs slammed into him, except the fire had been extinguished and the ball was instead covered in... ice?

Suddenly, the enemy was everywhere.

Out of the woods came the Color gang, Positive, Multi, Disaster Guy, Kod Eye, Imperial Vermillion, Shaira, Elemental, Ragey, Lime, Purity, and Metsa. All of them were armed, even Metsa; Deserved had convinced her that Bots weren't technically alive, and it turned out she was really good with knives.

Two stick figures materialized far to Dark's right: Victim and Silverfrost. Silver was toying with a frozen fireball while even more floated around her.

Dark's face paled. They'd come far more prepared than he'd expected.

"Let's... maybe... get outta here?" Purple suggested nervously.

"Not so fast," a voice behind them said.

Chosen, Deserved, and Second stood at the top of the hill, looking down at Dark, King, and Purple with disapproving frowns on their faces.

"Were you going somewhere?" Chosen asked, unamused.

"Oh, uh... we were just about to..." Dark put his right hand on his left arm in an apologetic gesture.

"Chosen..." Second warned.

"What?"

"Dark... he's-"

Dark's hand flew to his wrist. Quickly inserting a few keywords in the code he'd typed earlier, he ran the command as Chosen leapt down at him, summoning fire to his hand. Dark dodged his attack as ViraBots rained from the sky.

The resurrection war had begun.

Second and Deserved took on Purple and King as ViraMorphs changed into familiar-looking stick figures and ViraBots and ViraFrostbites drew ViraSpikes and ViraIcicles.

Second had seen King's wristbands back at the base, but hadn't been sure what their properties were.

He did now.

Black energy coursed through King's body as he fought- the exact same kind of energy he'd obtained when he'd forged the Ultimate Weapon.

This grey stick in front of him proved to be a tough fighter. He hadn't seen him much during Endgame- maybe because he hadn't been paying attention, but that wasn't important right now.