Ch. 30 - Disgust and Revenge

"You double-crosser!" Purple shouted at King, running a command and killing all the mobs.

King shrugged. "He wasn't worth saving."

"How can you say that?! You brought him back to assist you, and when he failed you, you just left him to die? How could you do such a thing?!"

Purple was breathing heavily, from both shock and outrage. "You sacrificed a VILLAGER to revive him; how could you end not one, but TWO INNOCENT LIVES?!?"

Purple was all up in King's face; his expression was one of the utmost hatred, disgust, and loathing. "I'm ASHAMED that I EVER considered of working with you! At first, I thought you were a good person, that you understood what I was going through. After all these years, you've only taught me two things, King Orange: you understand NOTHING of what I've been through, what THEY'VE all been through!" Purple pointed down at the other sticks with a shaking finger.

"You contaminate my mind. You manipulate my decisions. You, King Orange, you... are a DISGRACE to the Interspace!!"

And he spat into King's face.

Immediately, he felt something wrap around his neck. He gasped and coughed. King was using the "forceHold" command, he knew it.

King summoned energy to his spare hand. "You do not act so rudely in front of your boss, Purple," he said with a silky voice.

"You're... not... my..." Purple choked.

King chuckled, then stretched back his arm. Swinging his hand forwards, he punched Purple in the gut. Sounds of an explosion reverberated around the battlefield as Purple flew well out of sight.

King stepped back, chuckling.

"Hey!" Someone yelled behind him.

King turned... to see Second and the Color gang.

"And what do you want?" King asked, his smile fading.

"You know exactly what we want, alright?" Red yelled, "Who killed Reuben? Who locked us up? Who did we just witness punch Purple to who-knows-where??"

"Alright, so you want revenge, you want to avenge Purple, blah blah blah." King spread his arms. "Come on, go ahead."

Second held out his hands. Four staffs- identical to the one King used to use- zoomed into them. Handing them out to the Color gang, he said to King, "Thanks for the offer."

King's expression stayed the same, but his face paled a little.

The Color gang extracted blocks from their inventory: Green got a diamond block, Blue got lapis, Yellow, got gold, and Red got Netherite- his favorite block in the game besides the spawner. Sucking them into the staffs, they faced King, waiting for him to attack.

King summoned an assortment of arrows, fireballs, tridents, and snowballs plainly because he felt like it. Casting them upon the Color gang, he watched with glee as they batted the projectiles away from them.

The air shifted. King whirled around as Second landed a blow on his back. King flew off the hill and slammed right into Metsa. She stumbled, and caught her breath.

King swept his hand backwards just in case anyone attacked him from behind.

His hand got caught by someone. He tried to pull his hand free. No use.

His hand had been caught by Metsa's left.

Metsa spun around, pulling King along with her, and placed a kick on his back.

There was a miniature explosion. Sound waves rolled across the battlefield as King soared a thousand, two thousand, three thousand feet into the air. Further and further he went- a speck of orange illuminated by the rising sun. Then, he was gone.

Metsa shuddered.

Wait...

What just happened?

She remembered King flying at her- in fact, it was the last thing she remembered. Which meant King had to be around here somewhere.

But where was he?

She looked around, expecting to catch a glimpse of him.

What she did glimpse were twenty sets of eyes staring at her.

"What?" she asked.

At the moment, Ditzy gasped, and everyone turned to look at her instead.

"What?" Lime asked, being the closest to her.

Ditzy was whirling around, as if looking for something.

"What's wrong?" Plasma asked worriedly.

"Cobalt, he-" Ditzy held a hand to her head. "Where is he?"