Author's Note

July 9, 2022.

Dear Reader,

You may or may not have been here since the first (rough) draft of this novel. It's been an interesting ride for me (& possibly you). I started writing this story back in February of 2022. It was tough to say the least. I was super pumped in the beginning because ideas were running through my head faster than how I actually ran in real life. It was exciting. I was excited.

But life happens, right? It ruins our plans and takes us three steps back.

That's exactly what happened to me throughout the months of January-June. I was a mess. School and friends. Especially with friends that lived far away. It really messed with me. A lot happened but now it feels like nothing happened at all.

I'm in a better place. Emotionally, mentally, spiritually, & physically. This story got me through a lot of those tough & stressful moments. I spent my summer exploring all the characters in this novel. They've become the friends I wish I had.

By saying this to you, I mean to provide a little vulnerability and humanism. I want this to be a story of love and comfort. Maybe some of you feel unnoticed, unloved, lonely, unseen, and unwanted. I want this book, this story, these people to show you that you are noticed, loved, accepted, seen, and wanted. I want them to make you feel something other than emptiness.

Even if it's a single line, scene, word, or moment and it makes you feel a spark of something. I've done my job as a writer.

I may not know you, may have never met you or seen you before, but what I do know is you deserve redemption from your mistakes. You deserve to love and to be loved. No one should tell you otherwise & you shouldn't believe otherwise either.

D I S C L A I M E R S

This is a work of fiction. If characters resemble a person living or dead, it is purely coincidental. The same goes with situations, moments, scenes, and lines.

All rights belong to me.

I do not mind any criticism towards my story, however hate will not be tolerated. I've worked incredibly hard on this so I'm open to feedback and suggestion (corrections to grammar, wrongfully written scenes, etc) but no hate.
I'm human and it hurts.

T R I G G E R W A R N I N G S

- Mature Themes
- Swearing
- Child Neglect
- Daddy Issues
- Anxiety
- Infidelity
- Betrayal
- Sexual Violence

With that said, I introduce you to
the world of Nothing Without You.

Sincerely,
Izza Malik