Chapter 8

Wow, didn't think that recounting that first night would take three chapters! Here's hoping it doesn't end up leaking it's way into chapter nine as well. It shouldn't because all that's left when it comes to their back stories is Anthony... and Luke... and Sierra... and Amar'e... Bollocks.

"See, I grew up in the heart of New York and stayed there for most of my life. My grandmother raised me because my mom...well my mom isn't fit to be raising any kids. I owe everything to my grandmother for making sure I didn't turn out bad. That's why I pride myself in making her proud of me." Anthony started his story about his life.

"Aw, a Grandma's boy. That's sweet." Layla said in a slightly undermining tone.

Anthony didn't let the comment affect him at all and continued, "I graduated high school two years ahead of my class and became a police officer at a young age of only seventeen."

'What is this guy, some Gary Sue?' is probably the question your asking yourself right about now.

"What are you? Some Gary Sue?" Amar'e squinted his eyes at him.

And trust me, you weren't the only one thinking it.

"No, I'm just what you would call a prodigy. Golden boy in your presence." Anthony grinned slightly.

Now take whatever preconceived notion you may have had about Mr. Made these last seven chapters and scrap it because while he may have high morals and a strong sense of justice, the dude's ego outweighs all of that. Yep, the self proclaimed prodigy genius who can excel at any and everything he puts his mind to so long as he does it for his grandmother. I'd like a show of hands of who thought that's where the vigilante character was headed...yep, I was just as surprised as you are.

"Oh brother." Katelyn and Layla rolled their eyes.

Luke mumbled something under the bandages before laughing to himself again.

"While it's true our story may have been out there, yours is slowly headed in that direction." Eric stated.

"Well at least mine doesn't involve mythical creatures and that nonsense." Anthony said back.

"So are you not an officer more?" Matthew asked curiously.

"I would hope not since he was running around like a damn ninja." Amar'e said.

"No, I haven't been on the force for a while now... about to be two years actually. "

"What happened that you aren't anymore?" Chuck asked.

"Ain't that a long story." Anthony said jokingly.

"We've all the time in the world. The food, not so much." Bruce said jokingly as well but all the irritated looks he received just proved that not everyone was happy to joke about that.

"Alright alright. I was a normal NYPD officer and was so damn good at it, they gave me a promotion to detective in no time. Life was pretty swell until I get caught up in this huge drug ring case. See, my partner, Amber and I, we chased this thing for a long time and thought we finally found the head of the snake."

*Flashback*

"Oh c'mon Amber, lighten up would ya?" Anthony said as he turned the engine of their car off. He was wearing a black sweater over a navy blue shirt and black joggers. His dreads weren't long at all then, in fact, they looked as if he just put them in.

"I will not lighten up. We are on the brink of cracking one of the biggest New York drug ring cases in recent memory and all you can think to do on the entire ride here is talk about the best lobster tail recipe!" his partner scold as she opened the car door and exited. Amber had peanut brown skin and straight medium long ginger hair. Her black eyes stared at Anthony in annoyance. She was wearing a short sleeved white button shirt and navy blue pants.