XII

Guess who's back ;)

————————————————————————
My dearest sunflower
————————————————————————

I grabbed the book and flew home, it's quite a curious thing, I regret it all, but I'm glad. I met so many people that I love because of that decision.
I felt weird living with Tubbo so I built my own house. Every time I pass by the mansion I see a ghost-like Ranboo, I wave and go on with my day.
I was lost in thought walking through the forest near my house and didn't notice Dream XD next to me. "Dove?" He said putting a hand on my shoulder, I jumped and flew slightly away grabbing my sword out, once I noticed it was dream XD I put my sword away. I looked up at his... face? He didn't have his mask on, he seemed concerned and frightened. "S-sorry, I'm just thinking."
I walked away from him, he followed me like a duckling. I stopped at my house and opened the door, it's a mess, I let dream XD in first and then I walked in. "Sor-" he cut me off pulling me into a hug. "Stop saying sorry...." I hugged him back, it felt nice. "Do you still think about them?" Dream XD pulled away from me and sat down. "Who? Ranboo?" I pulled up a seat next to him, "no, your sunflower? I think that's what you called them." My sunflower? Sunflower, sunflower, sunflower? "I'm afraid I don't know who you're talking about..."

"Are you joking?" Dream XD stared at me confused.

"They were the love of your life, the only reason you were happy!?"

Nothing seemed to cross my mind I tried to think but I just couldn't.

who are they?

love of my life?

The reason I was happy?

Im happy now, i think.

Dream XD put his hands on my shoulders facing me, he took out a pocket watch I've never seen before. "Do you remember this" he gave it to me and a looked at the engraved sunflower and bee on the back of the watch. "This has to refresh you brain, right?" I stared at the engraved pocket watch more rubbing my finger along the covered corners of the drawing, it was soothing but it didn't help me remover who he was talking about.

....
....
....
....
....

"My dearest sunflower"

———flashback———

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I woke up to the sound of thunder and destruction I was too frightened to get out of bed or even to open my eyes. As I lie in my bed thoughts rush through my head ¨I'm so selfish I should be helping people I'm so cold and wet, why can't I just think properly.¨ I feel my bed shake I hopped out wrapping myself in my wet blanket seeing my bed collapsed in front of me. I look up to see the lighting and that most of my house is gone. I need you right now Dream XD. I hear the rain pouring around me and muted screams of terror. ¨I live by myself what do I do I have never been in anything like this,¨ I said to myself. I turned over to the pile of wood and soggy food and rush over to it digging trying to find it. ¨YES! Thank god it's not ruined,¨ I spoke softly compare to the rain holding a small family picture I slipped it into my pocket. I soon looked at the ruins of my house with hair on my face starting to tear up and then falling onto my knees. I take the picture out of my pocket and hold it in my hands.