𝗲𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻. 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗮𝗹𝗺 𝗯𝗲𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝗺

"holy shit." max exclaims
"you what?!" she more so yells instead of asks.

all i can do in front of her is nod, my world feels like it's falling apart and only two people know about me - scratch that, three technically, if you count the conversation between me and robin.

"fuck. i'm so sorry val. if you think on the bright side, it's for the best!" she says which somewhat does calm me down.

"i guess you're right, he did deserve to know the truth, whatever that is." i state, still in shock over everything.
"i really just didn't expect him to be so straightforward about everything." i confess

max scoffs, "how did he even bring it up?" she asks.
"he said he heard the conversation i had with robin. right to point!" i say making max laugh providing me with comfort.

"here, you need a break from stupid boys- and girls. grease?" max suggests which makes me smile, the first of the entire night.

"i'm taking that-" she says pointing to the expression on my face "- as a yes."

with this, max walks over to the tv to insert the grease vhs.
"remember to rewind it when we're done, robin will probably resort to violence." i joke making max roll her eyes before sitting on the couch next to me as the movie starts.

the rest of the night was spent with loads of singing and reciting the movie word for word.

the movie was coming to an end and at that point neither of us feel like moving from the couch let alone sing again.

it started getting a little too quiet making me look over to max, seeing her passed out made me take the hint myself to go to sleep myself.

・❥・

𝑊𝐻𝐴𝐶𝐾'

the feeling of a pillow hitting my stomach cuts my peaceful sleep short.

"max i swear. my dream was just getting good. you better have a good reason for waking me up extremely early." i say, rubbing my eyes not even taking in my own words.

"first of val, if noon is early to you then you need more help than i thought." max starts

"and second, i'll have you know i was bored. hence me whacking you with the pillow."

"please take that smug look off of your face." i joke as i get up to clean the mess max made when tearing apart my closet.

"anyway! can we do something today?" max asks

"if you can think of something then sure! you know hawkins has absolutely nothing, and that's coming from someone who just moved here this year."

after cleaning up the house and myself a bit, i walked back into the living room to be met with max flipping through the news stations. she then finally stops on one with an ad displaying new movies in the theatre.

"don't even ask." i say making max pout.
"there's nothing to do then! can we at least rent a movie?" she suggests making me give in.

"it can be your pick i guess." i say, instantly regretting the words as they left my mouth.

"YES. danny larusso here i come." she says with a thirsty look on her face.