ch15 - when he sees me

last chapter :,(
~~~

 last chapter :,(~~~

~~~

It had been a month and two weeks since you and Armin started dating, not that you were keeping track or anything.

The Valentine's Day dance was tonight. You and Mikasa were helping each other get ready before the boys arrived to pick you up.

You sat in front of your vanity painting your nails, very messily, you'll admit, while Mikasa was deeply focused on your hair.

Her tongue poked from the corner of her mouth as she methodically handled the curls. Her newly grown-out raven hair was spilling down her shoulders. Despite the dance's theme being romance, Mikasa stuck to her gothic look with a tulle long-sleeved black dress.

Your dress was satin and baby blue. The straps were tiny and the skirt flared out just enough. It was simple, but you loved it. You hoped Armin would too.

"Mikasa?"

"Mhm?" she mumbled, her focus on your hair.

"What if when he sees me, he doesn't like what he sees?"

She glanced up briefly. "Don't talk like that. Armin's obsessed with you."

"But what if he thinks I look weird in the dress or my nails look bad? What then?"

She was fighting the urge to roll her eyes. "He's seen you in a dress before. I doubt he'll even be looking at your nails. Now, let me focus."

You knew she was right like she always was. Being with Armin came naturally to you. The shift in your dynamic was subtle if not there at all.

He was less hesitant to hold your hand or to wrap an arm around your shoulders. It wasn't awkward, which was surprising considering how normally awkward the two of you were as people.

After the first week, Armin figured out how to compliment you without going into cardiac arrest. He really couldn't believe he got to be you. The feeling was mutual.

Mikasa finished off the last touch and smiled at you in the mirror. "All done," she said.

The doorbell rang and you rushed downstairs to get to the door before your little brother. Unfortunately, you were too late when you rounded the corner with Mikasa behind you.

"Y/n, your boyfriend's here," Luca said nonchalantly before going back to the basement to play his video game.

Armin and Eren stood at the door, the former gawking at you. Armin was wearing a vintage-looking black suit that was bigger around the middle and short around the ankles. It most likely belonged to his father.

You carefully stepped down the stairs, gripping the railing. You didn't need a broken ankle before a dance. Of course, Armin never took his eyes off you. It was a little embarrassing with you hobbling down the stairs. Mikasa did it effortlessly like she does most things.