Chapter Two

The Mall Rats

"Okay okay here me out Kate Bush

"Okay okay here me out Kate Bush. Favorite album?" I laugh as Max and I sit on her bed the next morning. "Hounds of Love. What's yours?" She giggles, "Hounds of Love obviously." I giggle back and Max grabs my hand dragging me out of the house she hands me her board. "It's time I teach you." She grins and I try getting on the board but it slips flying under me, Max grabs me from falling and we look up to see the board in Eleven's hands. 

She stares at us intensely and walks towards us handing Max her board. "Hi." She says, "Hi?" We say in confusion as to why she's here. "Can we talk?" She asks and we go into Max's room where El tells us about how Mike blew her off. "And then he said he missed me. And then he just hung up." El finishes as Max paces I grab her arm to stop her. "He's a pice of shit." Max says, "What?" El and I ask. "Mike doesn't have have jack shit to do today, and his Nana obviously isn't sick. I guarantee to you, him and Lucas are playing Atari right now." Max explains and I look at El and nod. "But friends don't lie." El says in denial. "Yeah, well, boyfriends lie. All the time." Max says staring into El's eyes. 

"Do girlfriend's lie?" El asks looking at me and then Max. "No," Max and I say happily and Max sits next to me and we look at El. "You're going to stop calling him." Max exclaims, "You're going to ignore his calls." I add and El's eyes widen. "As fare as you're concerned he doesn't exist." Max says and El gives a confused look, "He treated you like garbage. You're going to treat him like garbage." I say and her eyes widen more. "Give him a tase of his own medicine." Max continues, "Give him the medicine." El clarifies, "Mmhmm and if he doesn't fix this, if he doesn't explain himself, dump his ass." Max says and El's eyes widen again. 

"Dump his ass." I say with a clap and Max squeezes my hand. "Come on." Max says grabbing me and pulling me off the bed then I grab El. "Where are we going?" El asks, "To have some fun." Max smiles, "There's more to life then stupid boys you know." I laugh and El follows us to the bus and when we get to the mall we smile. 

"So, what do you think?" Max and I ask, "To many people. Against the rules." El says and I frown, "Screw the rules. You have superpowers what's the worst that could happen?" I say say and I grab her hand and we drag her inside. She looks around the mall in awe. "You've never been shopping before have you?" Max asks and El shakes her head, "Well I guess we're just going to have to try everything." I say grabbing Max's hand and running the three of us into The Gap

El looks around excitedly, and then she notices a blue top. "Do you like it?" I ask and she looks at me, "How do I know what I like?" She asks, "You just try things on. Until you find something that feels like you." I answer here and she looks confused. "Like me?" She asks, "Yeah like you. Not Hopper. Not Mike. You." Max says and El's face lights up. She tries on the shirt and I put a yellow hat on her head, then she flings her suspender straps and we giggle. 

Max spins El when she gets in a matching shirt and skirt. I put different sunglasses on Max and she laughs giving me a kiss on the forehead. I put on matching red sunglasses with her and she nods and I giggle. El finally finds a colorful jumpsuit and she runs her hands through her hair and grins. We buy the stuff and strut through the mall max linking arms with El and holding my hand. 

We run into a photo studio giggling happily and we pose of photos, dressing up. We mix and match the photos and then go to a heels store. I try and teach El to walk in a colorful pair of heels and then she trips bringing Max and I down with her. We all giggle and then get looks from Kelsey, Stacy and their minions. We laugh at their faces and I flip them off as we run out of the store, our laughter filling the air.   

Moments later we hid behind a pillar and El make's Stacy and Kelsey's drinks explode on them. We burst out into laughter again running off. "See what did I tell you? There's more to life then stupid boys." I giggle and Max chuckles. 

We go into Scoops Ahoy to get ice cream, "Here you go you got two strawberries, and then a vanilla with sprinkles, extra wiped cream." Steve says giving us our ice cream and looking ridiculous in the hat. "Thanks." We all mumble licking our ice cream, "Wait a second, are you even allowed to be here?" Steve asks El and we all giggle running away. 

We walk out of the mall and hear the boy's voices, "You've gotta be shitting me." Max says and we storm towards them. "Isn't this a nice surprise." Max grumbles and the boys look at us in terror. Mike drops his bike and points at El, "What are you doing here?" He demands, "Shopping." She flatly answers. "This is her new style, what do you think?" Max says glaring at him. "What is wrong with you? You know she's not allowed to be here." Mike says and I shove him getting in front of Max. "What's wrong with you? What is she your little pet?" I hiss and he rolls his eyes. "Yeah. Am I your pet?" El says staring him down and he stutters in rejection. 

"Why do you treat me like garbage? You said Nana was sick." El says and the boys try and convince us of the lie. "You lie. Why do you lie?" El says getting upset and the bus begins to approach. She turns to him angrily, "I dump your ass!" She yells and I giggle, "You just got dumped." I yell and Max drags me onto the bus. We all slide into seats on the bus and burst out laughing. El's grown and I'm happy for her.