Chapter Seven

The Bite

Fireworks explode and I flinch at the sound of each one, "He said he was building something

Fireworks explode and I flinch at the sound of each one, "He said he was building something." I say, "That it was all for me." El says and grab my neck I still feel like I'm choking. "Building something. Is he talking about the flayed?" Max ask as she holds my hand rubbing it and trying to comfort me. "So, he's building an army, just like Jessie said." Lucas says and Mike nods, "Yeah, but he's not building this army to spread." "He's building it to stop Eleven." Will says and Mike nods again. "Last year, El closed the gate on him. I have a feeling that really pissed him off. And the Mind Flayer now knows that she's the only thing that can stop him." Mike says and I shake my head and gulp. 

"But that's the thing. He said I had the power to stop him, and that I can't stay." I say and Mike sighs, "Then if you both are out of his way." Mike says, "Game over." Lucas adds and El tries to settle her breathing. "He also said he was gonna kill all of you." El says and I look at Max, "He said that I would end but not until you did." I say and sobs come out of me again and I burry my face in my hands. "Yeah, well, that's nice." Max says and she makes me laugh a bit. "Do yo guys hear that?" Nancy asks and I hear a screeching and everything goes dark. Then I see this monster so large it could destroy everything in its path. I wake up with a bloody nose, "They're here." I say and my nose bleeds again we run outside and see it, "Holy fuck." Misty yells, I forgot she was here. 

We grab everything we can from the shed and I load up my pistol that's always in on me. We board up the house and I grab the lockets around my neck and sigh. Silence covers the room, Nancy holds a shotgun, Johnathan an ax and I hold my pistol. I also hold Max's hand and my nose bleeds as it approaches. "Where'd it go?" Max asks and my heart races and then I hear a screech and an arm breaks through the wall. It gets so  close to us and I shoot it in it's mouth like area and Johnathan hacks at it with the ax. It hits him and throws him into the wall, "Oh my god." I yell and I shoot it three times and then Nancy does the same. But she runs out of ammo and it lunges at her. El grabs it and holds it back and cuts off it's head. It recoils back and we gasp. "Holy shit." Max says and it comes back and two arms lunge at El. 

"Oh my god." I say and she screams and cuts them both and the creature shrieks. Then it grabs her and we all grab onto her and we all grab each other trying to hold onto El. El screams and I pull back and look at Nancy and we nod and we start to fire at it. Lucas cuts at the arm and we all scream. "El! El, you okay?" Mike asks when the creature lets go and she falls into his arms. "Max!" I yell running over to her and we all pant form exhaustion. Then he rips it off of her and she screams in pain, then I see another arm come in and it grabs Misty. She screams, "Lucas!" She yells "No!" I yell and it takes her and practictly rips her apart, "No!" Lucas screams in agony and El screams at it and rips it apart. 

I grab Lucas and drag him into the car, the creature screams, and we all get in and Nancy drives off. Lucas cries in my arms and I hold back sobs, we drive to a store and brake in. Max and Mike sit El down and Nancy looks at the wound and Max takes charge. "Go get me a washcloth a bowl." Max says to Will and I take Lucas and we sit down in the aisle next to the other one. Lucas cries and I shake my head, "What happened, I can't believe she's gone." He chokes and I try and get rid of the image from my mind. I grab Lucas and I hug him tightly and he lets out all the tears he could ever have. "I'm so sorry Lucas I know you loved her." I say and he changes the subject. "We should go help Will." He says and I nod then we find fireworks. Lucas talks about fireworks and gives Will some. He's trying to forget. 

We wait as El searches for Dustin and everyone talks over each other and he's apparently at the movies. "Yeah he said gate. Which would explain how the Mind Flayer's still alive." Mike says as we walk out of the store with all the fireworks. "Yeah, we just have to shut it again." Nancy says and we all talk over each other. We get the fireworks in the car and head to the mall. On the way I fall out of it again and see Billy at the store he finds the piece of the creature from El's leg. Something shifts in him. He's coming for us. We get in the mall and see men in black, fucking creepy and El uses her powers on a car. She throws it into them and out behind the counter comes, Erica, Steve, Dustin and a girl we all make eye contact and smile.

"You flung that thing like a Hot Wheel!" Dustin says and he hugs Mike and El and then me and Max. "Lucas?" Erica asks, "What are you doing here?" He asks, "Ask them. It's their fault." She points to Steve and the girl. "I don't understand what happened to that car." The girl says, "El has superpowers. And Jessie too sort of." Dustin says and I smile awkwardly. "Superpowers. She threw it with her mind, El did." Steve says and I laugh, "That's El?" Erica says, "Who's EL?" The girl asks, "I'm sorry, who are you?" Nancy asks, "I'm Robin, I work with Steve." She says. "She cracked the top secret code." Dustin says, "Yeah, which is how we found out about the Russians. The Russians!" Steve yells, "Those were Russians?" Max asks, "Where's Misty?" Dustin asks and I look at Lucas and he gulps. "She's dead." He says and everyone starts arguing and I feel blood run down my nose and turn to El.

She looks at me and I hurry to her and she falls, "El! El! What's wrong?" Mike aks in a panic as we all look in confusion, "My leg. My leg." She says and we lift up her pants to see the leg and take off the bandages. Everyone gasps and groans. Something moves inside it and she screams, "Oh my god." I gasp covering my mouth in shock, and she screams in agony. "Oh my god!" "El! El! Are you okay?" What the fuck is happening?