Chapter Six

E Pluribus Unum

We run to the elevator and I pant heavily, shit, shit, shit

We run to the elevator and I pant heavily, shit, shit, shit. We run up the stairs and El Jonathan and the monster and throws open the door and throws it into the walls, ceiling and floor. It growls and she throws it out of the window. We run downstairs and moves down into the sewers. "Oh my god." Misty says, and I gasp and fain and then I see it move into the biggest creature I have ever seen in my life. "It's time." Billy says and I wake up, blood fresh from my nose and I grab onto Max. "It's not over, it's just begun." I say and El pants and shakes her head. 

We wait around as El searches for the source, my nose bleeds and Mike argues with Max about El. "Okay can you guys settle an argument for us? Who do you think should decide El's limits? Mike or Eleven?" Max asks and Mike rolls his eyes, "They way that you frame that is such bullshit." "It's not bullshit, Mike. This is your whole problem. And it's also precisely the reason why she dumped your ass." Max yells, "El dumped you?" Nancy asks and Mike nods rapidly. "Yeah, because she is conspiring against me. She's corrupting her." I roll my eyes, "No, enlightening her. The fact is, she's not yours. She's her own person, fully capable of making her own decisions." Max says and I stand up and feel more blood drip from my nose. 

"She's risking her life for no reason." Mike says, "For no reason? Mike the flayed are out there doing God knows what." Nancy says, "Killing, flaying." Lucas adds, "Transforming into monsters." Will says and Nancy continues. "And El's not stupid. She knows her abilities better than any of us. And she is her own person. With her own free will." She says and Max nods and agrees. "Exactly. El has saved the world twice, and Mike still doesn't trust her." Max says and Mike starts yelling. "Stop yelling at my girlfriend please? Everyone relax." I say staring down Mike and he rolls his eyes. 

"She made Eleven spy on us! I'm just trying to demonstrate how careless Max is with Eleven's powers. In fact, how careless all of you are. You're treating her like some kind of machine when she's not a machine, and I don't want her to die looking for the flayed, when they've obviously vanished off the face of the Earth. So can we please just come up with a new plan because I love her and I can't lose her again." He yells and everyone looks at him in awkward silence. "What's going on?" El asks and we all turn to her, "Nothing. Nothing." Mike says, "Just a family discussion." Lucas says and I laugh a bit, "I found him." She says and my body goes cold. 

We sit and watch and wait as El searches for him again, blood drips into a tissue from my nose at a constant rate. She gasps and takes of the blindfold and gets water, Billy is in his room apparently. "He wants us to find him." Will says, "Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. We we go to Billy, then the rest of the flayed know where we are." Nancy says and I nod and then fall into a darkness. I wake up in Billy's room, my heart beats quickly, "Jessie, Jessie, Jessie. So here you are yet again." He says and my face drops he stands up. How is he talking to me, he has never seen me before. "What?" I say and he shrugs, "Your surprised aren't you. But you'll learn, you'll see soon enough. You're not ready yet." He says and gasp and I feel like I'm choking and I'm in El's house again, but it's empty.       

Then I see El on the floor, she screams for Mike, "El where are we?" I ask in distress, "She's can't hear you." Billy says and I see him breathing down my shoulder, "He can't hear you. You shouldn't have looked for me. Because now I see you. Now we can all see you." Another Billy says to El and it's like I'm watching a movie with the actor. "You let us in. And now you are going to have to let us stay. Don't you see? All this time, we've been building it. We've been building it for you. All that work, all that pain, all of it for you. And now it's time. Time to end it. And we are going to end you. And when you are gone, we are going to end your friends. And then we are going to end everyone." He says following her and I scream, and she screams and we cry. 

"No! No! El wake up!" I yell and she throws him backwards and she disappears. But I'm left alone again with him. I sob hysterically, "Don't you see now, we can't let you stay either. You have the power to stop us, but you will end. Right after Max." He says and I shake my head and cry, "No! No! No Please!" I sob and he grabs me by the neck and I began to suffocate, I cry and sob and scream for help but no one is here. I'm alone, then I wake up and I scream grabbing my throat. I can still feel his hands around it. Max grabs me and I sob, and look at El crying in Mike's arms. 

"Theyre coming." We say and my heart feels like it's shattered into a million pieces.