7. Lives Apart

Don't pretend my love

I can see your fearGive me your handLet me wipe away those tears.

Warning: Adult content

September, 2017

London, England

"Do you thing you might be slightly overreacting?" Harry winced as he sipped his water.

Louis placed his hand on his knees to stop them from jumping then proceeded to drain his second tequila shot in five minutes. "Nope. Not at all. But babe, I think you are under reacting."

After Turkey, Louis had stopped fighting his emotions and managed to move in with Harry and focus on their relationship. He loved Harry. And that only grew with every passing second. It was still growing right now, in the cozy small restaurant where they were waiting for their friends.

Everything was going great. The only issue were the lies.

Louis had told Harry that he worked with a team of world explorers in an assistive capacity. Handling wires and cameras and such. And between his missions and Harry's field research expeditions, they were gone for enough time that the lies was never questioned.

It was sad, but at least they got to get up together and go back to sleep in each other's arms. Harry was safe, and that's all that mattered.

And it was on one such bright evening while they both were cuddling and snogging on the bed, when Harry had looked up with hooded eyes and put to words the disastrous idea of having a get-together with their closest friends.

"They're family too!" Harry had reasoned. His eyes shining like emeralds and his lips an intoxicating red from all the kissing and biting. Louis was only a simple-complex man. Of course he had said yes.

And if he had to spend the entire following week having a prolonged heart attack, it was worth it. Anything to make Harry happy.

"It's just Niall and Liam." Harry softly kissed his temple and took the tequila cup out of his hands. "It'll be fine."

Louis just sighed and buried his face in Harry's neck. It was warm and smelt delicious. The steady pulse lulling him down. Most of his former adversary's would probably lose their shit laughing if they saw him now, The Great Louis Tomlinson snuggling like a baby. But Louis didn't care. Most of his former adversaries were dead anyways. A bunch of snickering ghosts didn't warrant his concern.

"You're so theatrical, my big baby." Harry's kind laugh settled over him like a winter blanket. And man did it send the F-16's in his stomach flying up in a frenzy. Louis swore Harry's laugh had magical properties. So did his smile and voice. Harry was just this big warm cuddly ball of beautiful sparkly magic which lit up his grey world in dazzling proportions.

Louis allowed himself to get consumed further into the warmth. His own world could become so oppressively dark at times. And during those moments, Harry was a great comfort. His innocent heart a soothing balm.

And Louis suspected that Harry understood this in some capacity. Harry was no idiot. Yet he never pushed. Never asked. But he was always there for him.

Harry slowly rubbed his back and kissed his temple. " It'll be okay, boo. It'll all be okay. I promise."

Louis nodded before he pulled back. He guessed it was just the meeting which was causing him anxiety.

Liam knew about Harry. He was the first-person Louis had confided in, and he was always ready to help. But things were a bit more complicated than that. Because even though Liam had helped him sort of settled down... he still wasn't entirely in support of Louis' move.