13. The edge of the blade

One side mercy, one side bane.
Immense happiness, excruciating pain.
Things once lost will soon regain.
But bereft of memory and bereft of name.

TW: Blood and Gore
Also, all the chapters from the last one are continuous. The flow of events is happening one after another in rapid succession.

23 December 2022

1:00 am

This was all his fault.

Louis felt his stomach swirl as he forced himself on Harry, biting and tasting his lips while his hands pinned Harry's to the mattress. Harry was trying to resist, but his strength was nothing against iron like grip. This was not an act of love, but that of survival.

Thankfully, Louis had timed it perfectly. He needed all but a second, and that's what he got.

The cabin door burst open and surprised gasps reached his ears. Louis quickly let go of Harry and looked up at the two guards standing uncomfortably just outside the room. Embarrassment and uncertainty tainting their posture.

"What the hell dude?!" Louis exclaimed, hoping both he and Harry looked as if they had been making out passionately for hours. The perfect distraction to keep anyone from inspecting the room.

Human psychology was such an interesting thing.

"We're- Uhmmm we're s-sorry!" One of the guards, Derek, if Louis remembered correctly, stuttered and hastily retreated. "We were just... yeah uhm.... W-Wrong room! Please continue. Sorry again, yeah uh... Good night?" And then he quickly slammed the door shut without saying anything.

Louis sighed in relief. At least they were out of immediate danger.

"Not bad."

Louis winced slightly before looking down.

Harry did not look very impressed. In fact, he looked down right pissed and... ravaged. With his tousled hair, shimmery red lips and blushing cheeks, Louis could say the attempt had successfully yielded results. But he wasn't feeling too proud for what he did.

"I'm really sorry." Louis murmured as he got off Harry and pulled the man up after him. "They would have searched the room. But if they thought that we were about to..." Louis shrugged, unable to say the words.

Back when they were together, their passion had burned brighter than the sun. And the sex was amazing. Because it was more than that. It was love. But now, to even think about it and what it used to mean, was a painful reminder of their history.

"You could've warned me!" Harry replied sharply as he wiped at his mouth. His fingers coming back red. He had bitten too hard. "You could have told me everything from the start!"

Understanding flashed in his heart about what was being referred too. But Louis still disagreed. "No I couldn't. It would have put you in unnecessary danger."

Harry gave a broken laugh. Nothing remotely funny about it. "In case you haven't noticed Louis, but that ship sunk a long time back. You had to force yourself on me just a minute ago! And I was..." Harry looked away.

Louis was glad he didn't finish the sentence. He felt sick enough as it is. He could do well without hearing it as well.

Luis looked down at his fisted hand. The knuckles were white with rage. Yet they trembled with grief. "We need to get out of here. They were looking Anna. And if they have already killed a person, I don't think it's wise for you both to stay here."

Gentle fingers slid over his fist, coaxing his fingers to open. Louis closed his eyes and exhaled a shuddered breath as he allowed Harry to intertwine their fingers. Harry's grip was soft and forgiving. Louis wasn't sure he deserved that.