22

Normal POV
According to Eir, the stab wound was worse than it seemed. Nothing she wasn't able to easily fix of course, but she gave me strict instructions to be on bed rest. "Now let me get that lover of yours, you just stay here," she smirked. I laid on the bed while she left to go get Loki. I never thought I would go from working a boring stay-at-home office job to being an Asgardian lady of the court. This still seemed like a dream to me sometimes. "Hello, my darling one," Loki came in accompanied by Eir. I sat up, holding my side. It was still sore. "Hi, my love," I said, kissing him on the cheek.
"You had me worried. Now, Eir said that you're to be on bed rest for a bit, so I'll carry you back to our temporary living arrangements, right?"
"Right. You're too good to me, you know that don't you?"
"You're someone worth being too good for," Loki smiled, lifting me from the bed. Eir smiled and waved us out. Loki carried me through the halls of the ship back to our living quarters. They were big, obviously not as big as the ones on Asgard...Asgard. "What will happen to us?"
"Hmm?"
"Loki, the Asgardians. We need a home."
"My sweet darling, don't worry. Asgard isn't a place. It's a people."
Loki sat me down on the bed and I leaned against him. "I wasn't going to tell you this, but Thor and I have decided to go back to Midgard," he whispered.
"What? Back...home?"
"Yeah. Odin showed us this place in Norway where we can make our home. Together."
Loki laid down on the bed and patted his chest. I laid down on him and winced. "You didn't take your armor off," I said, playing with his horns. Loki mock scoffed. "Ah! Silly me," he said. In a bright green flash of magic, he was changed into boxers. The horns were on my head. "I think they look better on you," Loki laughed. I sat up, looking into a mirror across our bed. "You're joking, right?" I asked when I saw how big the things were. I started cackling so hard my side hurt again. I chucked the horns to the side and flopped back down onto Loki.
He summoned a book for us to read and we sat there for the rest of the night. Just the two of us. "This is truly perfect," I whispered. "The two of us?" He asked.
"The two of us."
He kissed my forehead and changed me using magic into a soft silk nightgown. "Sit up real quick. I have a gift for you," he said. I glanced quizzically at him. Loki summoned a pair of scissors and I gasped. "You'll be alright," he said. I saw him cut a piece of his hair and braid it into mine. "A lovelock--"
"A lovelock, darling."
"But you're such a peacock about your hair that--"
"Can I not do things for my darling?"
I laughed and replied, "Well if you're going to do that then I suppose I will too." I used the scissors to cut a piece of H/c hair out and braid it into Loki's. He opened his eyes once I was done. He looked into the mirror across from our bed. "It suits you," I said. Loki thanked me by kissing me on the cheek. "I'm tired, love. We've had a long day, fighting the Goddess of Death, escaping from an alien planet," I said.
"You getting stabbed in the side--"
"Ah yes, nearly forgot about that," I laughed. "Don't forget about me stealing a ship!" Loki added quite cheerfully. I snorted and laid back down on the bed. It was comfy, for a refugee ship. "I love you," he said. "I love you too," I replied. I snuggled against him and closed my eyes. It wasn't long before the onset of sleep fell over me.