x. ᴅᴀɴɢᴇʀᴏᴜꜱ ᴘʟᴀɴꜱ

"Since when?" Steve asked, and Chrissy looked at him nervously

"Since when?" Steve asked, and Chrissy looked at him nervously. "The last time was when Cole died. I didn't see Vecna since then... He seems to be after her." She answered while looking at Max.

Well, she wasn't exactly wrong. Chrissy knew that she wasn't the only one who had talked to the school counselor before. She's seen a couple of other students along with Max and Patrick, which definitely wasn't a coincidence.

"How are you even still alive?" Steve asked in stress, turning back to Nancy when Chrissy shrugged. "Okay, well, you don't understand. He'll kill us. The only reason you survived is because he wanted you to. He's not scared of us." He said, and Robin stood up.

"And for good reason. We were wrong about Vecna. Henry. One. Sorry, what are we calling him now?" Robin asked, confused.

"One." Dustin and Lucas answered.

"Vecna." Erica and Chrissy answered.

"Henry." Nancy replied.

"Right. We've learned something new about Vecna/Henry/One. He's a number like Eleven, only a sick, evil, male, child-murdering version of her with really bad skin. But my... my point is, he's super powerful. He could turn us inside out with a snap of his fingers. It's not a fair fight." Robin said quickly.

"Then why fight fair? You're right. He's like Eleven. But that gives us an upper hand. We know Eleven's strengths. And weaknesses." Dustin said.

"Weaknesses?" Erica asked. "When El remote-travels, she goes into this sort of trance-like state. I bet the same is true of Vecna." Dustin explained, and Chrissy stayed silent, not knowing much about their super-powered friend.

"That would explain what he was doing in that attic," Lucas said in realization. "Exactly. When he attacks his next victim, I'll bet you he's back in that attic, physical body defenseless." Dustin replied.

"Defenseless? Yeah, what about the army of bats?" Steve reminded him, and Chrissy touched the side of her neck with Eddie's handkerchief wrapped around it. "Right. We'll have to find a way past them. Distract them somehow." Dustin replied.

"And, uh, how do we do that, exactly?" Eddie asked, and he stood up. "No idea," Dustin replied, and Eddie sat back down. "But once they're gone, he doesn't stand a chance. It'll be like slaying sleeping Dracula in his coffin." Dustin said.

"That all sounds good in theory, but there is no pattern to Vecna's killings. At least not one that I can decipher. We don't know when he's going to attack next. We don't even know who he's going to attack." Robin told him.

"Yeah, we do," Max said in a low tone, and everybody looked at her. "I can still feel him. I'm still marked. Cursed. I ditch Kate Bush, I draw his focus back to me." Max explained her plan.