chapter 2.

When Daphne woke up, the lights in the bedroom weren't on yet so she assumed that she was the only one awake

When Daphne woke up, the lights in the bedroom weren't on yet so she assumed that she was the only one awake. She was an early riser anyway, getting up to go for a run or work out, then have a shower and get to the bakery ready for opening. She snuggled back into bed , hugging the covers to her chest while she waited for the others to wake up.

The lights turned on, making Daphne squint her eyes. She could see many of the other islanders grab their sunglasses to shield their eyes from the light.

"Good morning, everyone," she called out warmly, sitting up in bed and grabbing her water bottle.

"You're chipper this morning," Andrew replied as Tasha sat up too.

"I'm just a morning person."

The boys all gathered outside, as the original girls sat on one single bed, so Daphne excused herself and Ekin-Su as they went to the bathroom to was their faces and freshen up.

"So, what's you game plan for today?" Daphne asked.

"I'm gonna get my graft on," Ekin-Su chuckled. "I'm not wasting any time in here."

"And I'm guessing that starts with Davide?"

"You guess correctly. That boy is fit." Ekin-Su giggled as she left the bathroom to go outside and cook for the boys.

Taking advantage of being alone in the bathroom, Daphne got ready for the day. She took out her braids letting her hair go wavy, washing her face before applying her lip balm. She moved to the girls' dressing room to change out of her pyjamas and into a simple, pale green bikini.

Daphne walked past the girls as she made her way to the garden via the bedroom, giving them a small smile and a wave

Daphne walked past the girls as she made her way to the garden via the bedroom, giving them a small smile and a wave. She lowered her sunglasses onto her face when she got outside and headed to where all of they boys and Ekin-Su were stood.

"Good morning, everybody," she said.

"Good morning, indeed," Luca replied, eyeing up Daphne's pale frame in her bikini openly.

Daphne walked around the kitchen counter, her back directly in Luca's eyeline. She allowed her hips to move in their natural sway, as she passed him.

"I was just coming over to see if you wanted to come for a chat, Dami?"

The boys all looked shocked that Daphne wasn't wanting to talk to Luca, but she genuinely wanted to get to know Dami. He was good looking and seemed really funny. She had said he was in her top three after all.

Daphne and Dami chatted on the day bed and their chat was really good. Dami was really entertaining and they got along well, but they could both tell that it wasn't in a romantic way. It was giving more friendly/brotherly vibes and Daphne was glad that she was starting to build at least one friendship.

None of the girls seemed that willing to talk to her yet, so she was waiting until they became a little less frosty to make conversation. And she understood why they were cautious as well. It's hard not to be when two new girls come in trying to steal the guys that you haven't had long to feel secure with.

By lunch time, Daphne was more than ready for food. Not being allowed to know the time meant that it was hard to actually know when 'lunch time' really was, but she had to go by her hunger and the other islanders.

As she stood in the kitchen, cutting a savoury muffin in half, she heard one of the boys come up to stand beside her. He leant his arms on the kitchen counter, and it immediately became clear that the boy was Luca with the amount of ink tattooed on him.

"You alright there?" Daphne asked raising her eyebrow at the man.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm good. How's your first day in the villa been?" he replied.

"It's been good so far, actually. I haven't had much of a chance to talk to any of the girls yet, but I'm not really sure that they want to anyway."

"Yeah, I think they're just a bit rattled to be honest." Luca turned around to rest the back of his waist against the countertop. "I mean, why wouldn't they be? You're gorgeous as fuck and no one's really in a secure relationship."

"Thank you," Daphne chuckled. "Are you saying it would be easy for me to turn heads if I wanted, then?" she teased.

"Oh, 100%. Pretty sure some boys' heads snapped off with how quick their heads turned when you walked in."

"You included?" Daphne asked slyly, turning her face to meet Luca's eyes. He stared at her for a good few seconds, studying her deep green eyes, before replying.

"Maybe just a little bit," Luca admitted. "How was your chat with Dami, anyway, than?"

"It was really good actually" Daphne enjoyed the way he sunk slightly at that. "Why? You jealous?"

"Nah, never, mate. Just wondering if I was gonna get one too."

"Don't worry, you will," she teased, grabbing her plate and offering one half of her muffin to Luca, as she brought the other half to her mouth, taking a bite. Luca ate his too and swallowed it down quickly, saying,

"That's a good muffin, that is." He practically moaned as he said it, throwing his head back in an exaggerated fashion. Daphne laughed at his ridiculousness along with him.

"If you like those, you should try some of my muffins back home," she said, referring to her business.

"I'd love to have a taste of your muffin, don't you worry love," Luca replied, lifting his eyebrows and biting the corner of his lip at the crude double meaning.

Daphne's eyes widened and her lips parted slightly, although not particularly surprised by his boldness. She smacked him on the chest with a manicured hand, before picking up her plate to head over and eat by the pool.

As she left, Daphne looked back at Luca, turning her head with one eyebrow raised and a smirk on her lips.

"Maybe one day, Luca. You'll just have to wait and see."

*     *     *
Luca - Oh my God. This girl is just- wow.
*     *     *

author's note——
how do you all like the flirty banter? am i writing it well?
votes and comments are always appreciated