chapter 4.

Daphne woke up at the same time as everyone else, to hear about Andrew having a wet dream in the night - something she really didn't want to have to think about

Daphne woke up at the same time as everyone else, to hear about Andrew having a wet dream in the night - something she really didn't want to have to think about. She caught eyes with Luca across the bedroom and gave him a small wave. Luca mockingly wiggled his fingers back at her making her chuckle.

A couple of the girls went onto the terrace, leaving Daphne, Paige, Indiyah and Ekin-Su in the bedroom all gathered in one bed. Indiyah was in the middle of talking about her situation with Ikenna, when Luca entered the room carrying a coffee in his hands.

"Thought, I'd do something nice and bring you your coffee," he said as he walked up to the quartet and placed to drink in Daphne's hand.

"Thank you," she replied quietly, supressing a smile at the gesture, as Paige was sight right next to her and currently still coupled up with Luca.

"Oh my god," Ekin-Su started. "What were you up to last night?"

"We had a little chat on the terrace."

"No!"

"Mhm. It was really good actually. You know, we sort of talked a bit more about ourselves and what we want, because so far we've only really been doing a bit of flirting here and there."

"Do you fancy him then?" Indiyah asked.

"Yeah, out of all the boys he's definitely the one who I get along best with and the one who's shown the most interest as well." Daphne could see Ekin-Su raise her eyebrow to get her to explain. "Last night, when we were talking, he was like 'I really wanna kiss you'."

Daphne could see Paige take a sharp inhale at that piece of information.

"We didn't kiss, but I think he fancies me too. Sorry, Paige."

"It's not nice to hear, obviously, but I don't want to stop either of you from exploring whatever connection you may have."

The girls all got changed into their bikinis - Daphne in a simple yellow two-piece - and headed outside to bathe in the hot sun

The girls all got changed into their bikinis - Daphne in a simple yellow two-piece - and headed outside to bathe in the hot sun. After having their breakfasts, they gathered by the edge of the pool.

As they were discussing what ages they wanted to have kids (to which Daphne said mid- to late-20s) Paige got a text. All the girls immediately tensed up and Daphne's eyes widened.

"Islanders,
Tonight there will be a recoupling in which the boys will choose which girls they want to couple up with
#ticktock"

Daphne's heart dropped in her chest. While she knew that Luca was interested in her, she had only been in the villa for just over a day. Plus he had been getting along really well with Paige before she came in, as well as exploring a connection with Tasha, although she was now very set on Andrew.

"Oh my god."

"Fuck."

"I feel sick."

* * *
Daphne - This isn't the best time for a recoupling, if I'm being honest. The only guy who I think would consider picking me is Luca and even then we've only just started getting to know each other.
* * *

Later in the day Daphne was disturbed by Luca calling everyone over to the firepit where Liam was stood in front of the boys. She sat herself down in between Luca and Ekin.

"Obviously, we all came her for the same sort of reason," Liam began, and Daphne already had a bad feeling about what he was about to say. "But I haven't really feeling like I've been giving 100%. I know what 100% Liam looks like and I'm miles off that. Trying to find someone who you care about to leave the villa with, obviously that's the ultimate goal. But when you're not feeling that, I feel like I've been having a hard sort of time to find that. I've been thinking ling and hard, like, this isn't a spur of the moment type thing. So, yeah, I've made the decision that I'm gonna leave the villa."

There was a chorus of protesting 'no's from the rest of the islanders, all upset at such a sweet and kind boy leaving the villa so soon into his love island experience.

"It's been a breeze - an absolute ball. You are all unreal."

Everyone gathered around to hug Liam before the boys took him inside to help him pack his suitcase. Gemma joined them to have a goodbye chat with Liam and then everyone gathered around the main villa doors to say goodbye.

Even though Daphne hadn't known Liam very well, having only been on one date with him, she was still upset that he felt like he had to leave. Bring in the villa is an intense atmosphere that can mess with people's heads very easily.

Ahead of the recoupling tonight, Daphne knew that she would have to have a chat with Luca. She had continually made eye contact with him throughout the day even though she hadn't spoken to him yet. But she was too nervous to chat to him right away. Instead, she headed off to the daybed with Indiyah.

"How are you feeling about tonight?" Daphne asked, wanting to ease into the conversation.

"Right now, I feel chill about it," Indiyah said. "You know, I don't think that there's really anyone else on Ikenna's mind but me which is really nice. I think I've sort of accepted that things are gonna move slowly with us two now."

"That might be a good thing though, considering how fast and intense everything else is in here."

"That's exactly what I'm thinking. He's a very mellow person which I think balances me nicely." Indiyah smiled, before switching her mind onto Daphne's situation. "What about you? Are you nervous for the recoupling?"

"100%" Both girls laughed. "As much as Luca says he wants to get to know me and kiss me and bring me drinks, I'm not sure that I trust that he'll pick me. I mean, I can't expect him to anyway, we've only had one proper conversation."

"No but he has been very flirty with you, and we can all see you staring at each other throughout the day."

"I guess. I just find it hard to believe that he's being genuine. I've been very hurt by guys in the past and I try not to let that affect me but it does. I think I just need to talk to him and see what he's thinking."

"Have you not spoken to him today?"

"Not just him, no."

"Right," Indiyah knelt up and grabbed Daphne's hands, making her laugh. "Tonight, you make yourself look sexy as hell - just as you always do - and you have a chat with Luca, show him what he'll be missing out on, and he will not be able to resist you."

author's note——
sorry this took so long!
votes and comments are always appreciated