chapter 5.

The dressing room felt very tense as all the girls got ready, many of them unsure whether they would be picked and unsettled by giving the boys the power

The dressing room felt very tense as all the girls got ready, many of them unsure whether they would be picked and unsettled by giving the boys the power. Daphne stood in front of one of the mirrors applying her makeup, putting some blue eyeliner on with some silver eyeshadow in the corner of her eye, as well as some nude-pink lipstick.

"How are we all feeling about tonight?" she asked the room.

"We'll just roll with it," Paige replied. "I am nervous though."

"Same, but don't worry, we'll all be stood up there with you."

Daphne pulled her hair away from her face, clipping the top section back with a blue floral claw. She then changed into the dress that Indiyah had picked out for her: a shimmery number with a silver and blue ombre design that hugged her figure beautifully.

Everyone headed out into the garden and got themselves a drink for the night in those classic gold glasses. Dami made a small tribute to Liam and Amber then gave a toast to lift everyone's spirits before the recoupling.

Before the islanders all departed and went their own ways, Daphne grabbed onto Luca's arm and nodded her head in the direction of the daybed for them to go and have a chat. Luca slid his arm up as they walked over so his hand was in hers rather than his arm.

"How are you feeling about tonight?" Daphne asked.

Luc rubbed his hand over his face as he spoke, saying, "I dunno really. I have no idea what I'm gonna say up there, I really don't. But what did you wanna chat about?"

"I just kinda wanted to talk to you, not about what you're gonna do or who you're gonna pick tonight, but about how you feel about me. You were coming on quite strong last night, which isn't a bad thing, I just struggle to tell how genuine it was."

"No, I was being 100% genuine last night. I am really attracted to you and I want to get to know you more."

"Thank you. I find it quite hard to trust that people are being truthful when they're with me about their feelings for me, so I always appreciate that bit of reassurance."

"Come here." Luca gestured for Daphne to scoot closer to him and he brought her under his arm as she snuggles into his chest. "I wanna be honest with you and I do really fancy you. The only thing is we've not had long together."

"Yeah, yeah, I completely understand that," Daphne replied. "You've had much longer to get to know Paige and build something with her. I'm kind of hoping that you'll pick me, but I can't expect you to."

"You want me to pick you," Luca teased, looking down at her.

"Well, yeah," Daphne said as if it were obvious. She looked up to meet Luca's gaze and noticed his cheeky smirk. "Stop smirking, you prick."