Baking Time!

I wake up to owls twooing and twiting, and it's pitch black outside. A thought occured to me: what if she's stalking me outside? I try to recover my vision, but the darkness looms over every corner of my eyes. However, the scent of something sweet fills my nose too. Wait, I'm on Natsuki's bed? Although I can barely recall where I was last night, her dad's bed is located at the upper-middle part of the room and is the size of a king-sized bed. Her bed is positioned at the corner of the room, with a bedside table right next to the side to presumabely keep the dormant sleeper from falling off because of how short and slim it is.
Last I remember it was like 6ish pm before I dozed off. I get out of bed and silently walked around the second floor, opening every room I could until I can find her. Why am I so afriad? Yuri doesn't know this neighbourhood this well, and she'd never guess I'd be located at Natsuki's place. I just can't help it, I need to stay cautious. After a while I begin to panic when I couldn't find Natsuki, until I found her sleeping on her dad's bed. I let out a sigh of major relief, and try to occupy myself with the time I have from oversleeping.

Her house reeks from booze and nicotine. I notice past cigarettes scattered all around the floor of the living room while I grabbed an odd... incredibly mushy apple, and ate it to satisfy my hunger.
I can't bear to watch television, especially at a time like this. The only way I can make this place smell better is to open up every window of this place, but that would mean risking myself to danger. I should also be more careful hiding myself inside this house, meaning I can't show my face anywhere at these windows. With nothing better to do in the night, I make my way over to the bathroom and find a spare toothbrush and then brush my teeth thoroughly. Once I'm done, I go to Natsuki and just... lay in bed with her. I don't cuddle her, nor do I even face her, but I just feel safe. Safe that somebody is right next to me, so that I can have eyes facing my back which'll make us unstoppable. I grin for a while, daydreaming me and Natsuki being apocalypse survivors while we aid Sayori through the way. Sayori...

I close my eyes and let myself get lost in thought. Then after what felt like minutes, I come back to this world by a rough, low-pitched snarl.

Natsuki: 'You really had to do this, huh?!'

Y/n: 'You're right, but I don't even know if you'd understand even half of what's been happening to me.'

Natsuki: 'Maybe I do, maybe I don't. Just get up!'

Despite the fact that I was the one waiting for her to get up, we both do and I spot the sun piercing through the window. The owls have hooed on and the birds have begun to chirp yet again, signaling a brand new day and a brand new story for today.

Y/n: 'Hey Natsuki, mind handing me your phone?'

Natsuki: 'There's nothing to find there.'

Y/n: 'No, I needa contact Sayori.'

She pulls out her phone, then fiddles around with it for a moment.

Natsuki: 'Where's your own phone anyway?'

Y/n: 'Long story. It would mean explaining why I'm even here.'

She hands me her phone, and while I'm typing to Sayori, she begins asking me MANY questions. I try my best to answer them, but I know that she won't trust me. I won't even blame this brat. If you hear your friend acting like the way I am, you'd guess that I'm schizophrenic.

Y/n: 'Well, what do you wanna do while we wait?'

Natsuki: 'Make some cupcakes!'

She grips my hand tightly and we arrive at the kitchen. It's filled with unclean dishes, cups dotted around everywhere, and even the smell of booze.