CHAPTER SIX

As soon as they left, I rushed to Neal and indulged in a big bear hug for a long time. A REALLY long time, before Ashton coughed, giving us a look, which I'm pretty sure meant that it was not the time to do this.

"You guys, we NEED to get out of here if we want to stay alive. Y'all can 'love' each other later." Ash said, with a cute disgusted look.

"Yea yea" Neal and I said in union.

"Okay. So Rory has locked every possible escape from the place, except for one." Ashton said, as if we knew what he was talking about.

"The damn vent, Tilly, don't you remember we came here as kids when my uncle used to work here?"

"Oh yeah, but we were tiny. How do you expect us to fit in there anymore?" I said.

"A few years after my uncle left, they found the air wasn't getting ventilated properly, so the increased the size of all the vents."

"And how big do you suppose they are?" Neal asked.

Ashton shrugged and said, "I don't know. I guess well just have to find out."

We all looked at each other anxiously and decided that it was better to get stuck in a vent rather than getting killed by Rory Jerischo.

We climbed in, one by one. Ashton first, followed by Neal and then me.

We stuck back the vent cover with my emergency superglue I always have in the sock in my shoes.

We had no idea where we were going, but we just followed Ashton wherever he was going.

"I can't stay here for very long, Ash, I'm claustrophobic." I said.

"Like I didn't know that Tilly. Relax, we're almost there."

"Eh, how do you know where we're going, Ash?" Neal asked.

"I don't. I'm just following this ray of light."

"And how do you know that's not a trap set by Rory and his team?" I asked with a mean girl kind of attitude.

"Rory's dumb, Tilly. Really dumb." Neal said.

"Oh really, Neal? Then how did he manage to kidnap you and us?"

"He-"

"Shh guys, there's an exit and I hear someone." Ashton said, pointing his fingers at us and trying to look out a vent."

"It's gonna be okay Emma, I promise." A voice said.

"No it's not Drew, you're shot." Said another, crying and moaning.

"I think they're friendly." Ashton whispered.

"Kay let's go." I said, not thinking about anything else because I was so claustrophobic.

Ashton got out first and the people were startled.

The room was dimly lit, and they were sitting in a dark corner of it.

All of us got out and Ashton, Neal and I slowly started to walk towards them.

"It's okay, we're friendly." Ash said.

I turned the flashlight on and gasped.

It was Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield!