chapter 4

I sat down across from Eli in a familiar manner and when Eli raised his hand, the attendees filed out immediately.

'Isn't it scary to face the Sword Master alone, or do you think I won't hurt him?'

I gave a weak click with my tongue.

It is said that a person has given his life to stand alone in front of a sword master. But he did not feel an excessive crisis.

"Did she come out unscathed?"

He greeted politely.

Eli slowly rolled her eyes.

"Life in the temple is always the same. It's boring and clichéd."

Chin clenched, El touched the flower in the vase on the table. Then his gaze turned to me.

"So I've been looking forward to the meeting with you. It always makes me happy."

Eli's eyes in front of me always sparkled as if looking at her deep love.

'No, it's just words you can't understand.'

I sighed slightly. Even if he covered his face, the handsome customer didn't always show his honest heart, but he only offered words that could be misunderstood.

"...Here's Clarke's leather and Madorus's blood."

Slightly avoiding Eli's gaze, I pulled out a small sack. The sack connected to the huge subspace was filled with the byproducts of the beasts that had been defeated for about seven days and nights.

"You always work hard. Here, is the reward."

I hand him a white paper bag and Eli takes it without even looking inside the bag. It was a mistake? His fingers slowly traced the back of my hand as she handed it to him.

'Just relax...'

I looked at the paper bag for a while. It was the price of my damned efforts. I was going to buy Aria's medicine with this.

But he couldn't be happy with the money ahead of him. Because I haven't worked for Eli once or twice.

Four times a month, I sell him some useful byproducts of defeating the beasts, and he pays me. Until now, it was a normal deal.

The strange thing was that the amount he gave me was always set at a thousand gold.

One hundred gold is close to the cost of living per month for commoners. A thousand gold was the amount to buy a part of that fairy forest at a ruthless price.

'Depending on the region and season the bosses to be defeated are different.' Consequently, the value of the by-products obtained from subjugation is not constant.

The by-products of the beast that I bring have a variable value depending on the time and place. Therefore, I explained to him over and over again that it is his loss to pay a large amount of money, like a thousand gold, but Eli, who always gives a large amount of money, was a mystery in himself.

Also, he always plays with the pay, there were several days when I was surprised and scared by his jokes.

In Eli's rush to give me the money, he was forced to open the envelope and pull out a check. And take a deep breath.

"Supreme Minister..."

"Eli."

"...Eli."

"Indeed."

The line of her mouth went up a little. I sighed again.

"One more zero...went towards the promised reward."