chapter 26

The only participants in the subjugation were the Duke's knights, so there would be no direct connection to him.

"I've packed my luggage, so I'm leaving immediately. Where should I go?"

"You may go to the country mansion. In fact, I knew you would request the quest, so I sent the Duke a telegram as soon as you arrived."

"Really?"

"Ah, don't you know that I care about you?"

Howl shivered as he put his hand on the scabbard. We have known each other for 5 years. It was hard to call each other friends, but Howl and I knew each other well because we had time to look each other in the face. At his bright laugh, I laughed lightly, hinting that I couldn't help it.

"That irrational thing is the mercenary Mir? Nonsense! Rumor has it that he is short, but he is a perfect boy!"

"If that's enough...Couldn't you win?"

The shit that ran through my ears went to the other side.

'Today the water is dirty.'

The mercenaries who have worked here would not make fun of me over and over again, but today there were many guys who were making fun of it with their tongues without knowing the subject. Strangely I looked through the guild and found the reason.

"Overseas mercenaries would visit once soon, and that was today."

There were many exotic faces, they looked like foreign mercenaries. Overseas mercenaries wouldn't know about the incident where I stopped this mercenary guild while dealing with mercenaries fighting against me, so I decided to do it.

"Are you really crazy? Please shut up! I don't want to get caught!"

"All empires are originally cowardly? What is so scary about this guy?"

There were some who stopped the whispering boys with their pale faces, but the noise got louder nonetheless.

'Well, think for yourself.'

That insult for me was like children's jokes.

But Howl was unsettled as he leisurely wandered over to the dried sea fly sandwich I ordered.

"...Our guild did some internal work a while back. The old chairs and tables all became new."

"What do you mean."

"Please don't fight inside..."

I laughed lightly as I watched Howl make a request, and then swallowed the remaining sandwich in one bite.

"Don't worry. I'm not a child and I don't need to fight..."

The feeling that arises instantly. I quickly tilted my head to prevent something from flying at my head.

Quazzik!

No matter how hard it was thrown, there was a hole in the wall that was hit, even though it was a glass that surely flew. I sighed as I looked at the broken glass and the hollow wall that the outside wind was blowing on.

'You cast it with mana.'

Usually a glass can't break a wooden wall. It was obvious that if he threw an item with mana at my head, it meant he was going to taunt me.

"This boy is Mir, the mercenary king?"

As the entire area sank into silence and Howl screwed up his face in irritation, a man rose from his seat.

A huge body, an elegant impression, an exotic face. The man who looked like a foreign mercenary had clear malice towards me.

He approached me.