III. Before The Senate

BEFORE THE SENATE

notre dame ( act one, chapter three ) rogue one / zero bby

rogue one / zero bby

notre dame ( act one, chapter three ) rogue one / zero bby

CORUSCANT
Princess Selyn Kaan

Born again from the ashes of a new age, Princess Selyn Reagan of House Ka'an had never known the Eleven Kingdoms of Reyna in its infamous glory. The prosperous epoch that stretched on for a thousand long years following the abysmal massacre of the Alakev System and the formation of The Black Wall that entrapped the eleven planets for a millennium, a punishment for their crimes of dappling in the sorcery of the dark witches of the Force. Those who punished them believed they would crumble and return to the flames from whence they came in desolation, but it was the opposite. They were the greatest and most advanced civilization in the galaxy for there was none who could from them.

With the birth of her aunt, the black veil of darkness entrapping the eleven planets had been appealed to by Jedi Master Yoda. How he had learned of her birth remained a mystery to the galaxy, but it had altered the history of their system forever. Valara Reyna of House Ka'an, after Queen Reyna herself, had been the most monumental character in Benarian history, even after she abdicated her right to the Throne of Mirador. Her actions had liberated the Alakev System and allowed them to rejoin the Outside.

However, they seldom did. The chains that locked them in place had been broken, but the remnants of the Wall that forced them away had remained a bitter thought in the minds of the resentful citizens who could remember the suffocating feeling of not being able to leave. A grudge had always remained, leaving an unresolved tension between the two governments, never forgotten. While they were free to roam the galaxy now, only participants in their government ever really journeyed outside their borders.

As the spare heir to the Mirador Throne, Selyn Kaan had been deemed too valuable to her father and his council ever to leave and face the possible danger of the Outside, but not important enough to be as involved as the rest of her family and travel beyond her planet. She had only been allowed to venture out to the planets and moons harnessed within their system. It had felt as if the Wall continued to keep them locked away.