Moonlit Park

Nandini tip toes through the back door to change before Samar comes, hoping she doesn't run into anyone with questions.

Ajji: Tum bahar ja rahi ho?
Nandini (startled) : Ajji! Oh, you surprised me. I almost peed.
Ajji: Kind of late to be sneaking around the house.
Nandini: I'm just going to talk to Samar about something. He's meeting me outside in a few minutes.
Ajji(worried) : Khayal rakhna, beta. Mujhe lagta hai ki woh ek acha ladka hai, but... I don't want ki tum bhi Mihika ki tarah toot jao.
Nandini: Oh, Ajji... Thank you for having my back.
Ajji: I'll always have your back, gudiya.
Nandini: You're the best.

She kisses her on the cheek and catches a whiff of spicy aftershave.

Nandini: Kya aap... Hohepa ji ke sath the?
Ajji: We took a walk through our gardens.
Nandini: I'm so happy for you. The fact ki you have someone to be with, someone jo aapko khush rakhta hai,. . I envy you.
Ajji: Arre, beta. Tera bhi time aayega. Shoo. Go take your own walk . Har ladki ki zindagi mein thoda romance hona chahiye.

Nandini slips upstairs to quickly change before Samar arrives.

She changes into 👆

She changes into 👆

Nandini swishes back and forth, relishing the way the soft, dress flutters around her legs. She slips down into the yard and finds Samar lingering at the end of the drive . His eyes fasten to her immediately, like they always do.

His look

His look

Samar: Kanha ji, Nandini, you look... Amazing.
Nandini: Well, ye har din thodi hai ki I invite a guy on a secret date.
Samar: Ek secret date, huh? Maine socha we were just talking.
Nandini: Something about a moonlit stroll says "secret date" To me. Ya phir tum ab bhi sochte ho ki romance is for kids?
Samar: Maine jo bhi kaha tha use bhool jao . Please. Everything.
Nandini: Dressing up woh bhi tumhe dekhne ke liye should be enough proof that I'm trying to.
Samar: It may have backfired. Now, I'm even more certain ki I don't deserve you.
Nandini: Acha. Phir ye dress apna job kar raha hai.

They walk together in silence until they reach the park. Summoning all her nerve, she takes Samar's letter from her purse and thrusts it towards him.

Nandini: Ye lo.
Samar(sadly) : you didn't read it.
Nandini: of course, Maine pada. Mein ek aurat hu, not a paragon of self-control. I just thought you might want it back, thaki ye galat haato mein na gire.
Samar: Why did you agree to meet me here tonight, after everything I said, nandini?
Nandini: Kyuki... Your story made me feel something. Koi bhi ek island nahi hai, aur mujhe pata hai that my upbringing and family has impacted ki mein kaise Respond karti hu to stress, too.

Samar's eyebrow flex with relief.

Samar: Toh tum samajhti ho.
Nandini: We're all damaged in some way. Shayad isiliye mujhe second shot chahiye on a real childhood.

Drawn to the swings, she settles down into one and gazes at the whimsical park at nightfall . Samar follows, coming to stand behind her.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇
A/N

How's the chapter?

Do you think Nandini did right by forgiving him?

Isn't nandini's ajji cool?

Stay tuned

Love ya,
Byee,
Peace