⇢ 𝟎𝟐 ˗ˏˋ 𝚃𝚊𝚕𝚔 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙱𝚊𝚍 𝙶𝚞𝚢 ࿐ྂ

⊱ ────── {⋆❉⋆} ────── ⊰

"Are we really going after him?"

Layla had her bike helmet in between her arms, leaning her weight on her right leg as she stared up at (Y/N) through her long lashes. A frown was written on her face due to the confusion of events from earlier, which neither of them had discussed since then because it was too much to handle at the moment.

"We have to," (Y/N) crossed her arms and gave her a firm look, which meant she wasn't going to back down from her decision.

Layla sighed. "All right. But I'm only doing this for you," she pointed an accusing finger at her friend standing in front of her and placed her helmet on.

"That's what you always say," (Y/N) placed her own helmet on her head and climbed on her bike, ready to try to find him again.

⊱ ────── {⋆❉⋆} ────── ⊰

"See, this neighborhood used to have the highest crime rate in all the city," Arthur Harrow spoke up in his usual slow and soft tone as he guided Steven through a soft lighten street.

The two officers that had come by his flat during the evening had dragged him all the way to a car, where they drove off to the neighborhood he was now at. Steven was uncomfortably shifting on his feet while he was being dragged away by the man that had been haunting him for the last few days.

"There was so much suffering, so much pain. . ." Harrow continued before turning at the group of people on the side. "Good evening. Good evening, everyone. It was truly heartbreaking."

Steven looked behind his shoulder at the people he just walked by as Harrow kept on talking. "Now people don't lock their doors at night. They feel safe."

Harrow spotted a man a few feet away and made his way to him. "Oh, Chase, are those the tomatoes?" Chase stepped forward to show the box filled with tomatoes and Harrow stared down at them before offering the man a smile. "You have a green thumb. Beautiful. Thank you."

"But you don't want to tell anyone, no. People don't want to hear good news. They'd rather cling to their fear, cling to their pain."

A goat bleated not that far away from them and Steven pointed at him with a finger. "Goat."

"What? Yes," Harrow nodded before speaking in Mandarin in a way of greeting, changing his cane to the side so he could grab the soccer ball that came to his way by a young girl.

The girl responded in Mandarin too with a smile and Harrow gave her a reply with one of his own, letting the girl join her friends again in the soccer game while Harrow caught up with Steven again.