⇢ 𝟏𝟎 ˗ˏˋ𝚂𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚃𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚋𝚕𝚎𝚜 ࿐ྂ

⊱ ────── {⋆❉⋆} ────── ⊰

(Y/N) kept tugging and shaking Steven's body desperately while trying to wake him up. It had been a few minutes after he had passed out, and not seeing any reaction to any of (Y/N)'s calls was making her grow anxious.

"Steven. Wake up. Wake up!" (Y/N) tugged on his shirt but once again, there was no sign of consciousness from him.

"(Y/N)," Layla called, grasping her not injured shoulder to catch her attention. "Come on, we have to move him."

(Y/N) nodded in silence in a way to agree with her and the two used all their strength in their body to drag Steven through the stand, already starting to see some sort of movement to their pull until a bright car light shined on their faces.

(Y/N) knew they didn't have much time and grunted in effort once she hooked her arms under Steven's armpits to try and drag his body even faster while Layla grabbed onto the legs.

They were moving back in slow movements that they were close enough to fear and notice the guns firing in their direction and how the bullets sank in the sand. (Y/N) cursed under her breath and the two were forced to roll down the hill of sand they were in to hide away from the bullets.

Unlike (Y/N) and Layla, Steven had no way of stopping his body from rolling down the sand hill and collapsed face down onto the bottom part of it, while the two women ran the fastest they could to their car parked a few feet away from the sand and avoided getting caught red handed by the truck that was following behind.

(Y/N) and Layla were forced to hide behind the side of the car to avoid the headlights from the car to illuminate them, crouching down while moving to the back door of the car and slip inside without getting spotted.

(Y/N) was able to hear how the truck stopped a few feet away from their own car by seeing the bright headlights stop their movements.

"I saw two people running!" One man yelled out in Arabic, and (Y/N) was forced to hide her loud breathing behind her palm. "Check around the truck!"

The truck did a full circle around the car to check if there were anyone hiding behind it and luckily they didn't spot the two inside. (Y/N) shifted in her spot to see from the window how the truck stopped again, its lights now shining down on Steven's unconscious body in the sand.

"Looks like he's dead," the man spoke again.

Layla's posture straightened and she began to rummage through the bags inside the car for the package filled with flares. (Y/N) noticed what she was doing and her eyes widened in surprise.