Time For Work

10:30 am rolls around quickly. And when it does, the smell of breakfast awakens the young man. Finn had forgotten all about Jason, his dreams filled with stupid things, but as he woke himself up, dread set itself up in his chest, and down into his stomach. Finn did not want to go up to eat with Jason, but he knew it would be rude if he didn't. He weighed the options, and ultimately chose to go upstairs. So, as he arose from his bed he changed into a simple shirt Jason had given him, it was a pretty gray button up shirt with frills around the top buttons. He felt fancy with it on, so he wore a matching pair of pants, though they were black, they looked rather flattering. The male fixes his black hair, it settling down neatly behind his ears. He looks towards a mirror that Jason had placed for him, he smiles a little. Feeling slightly more confident that he did when he was when he first woke up.

Walking up the stairs, Finn wrung his hands together nervously, he hoped Jason wasn't mad at him, or even mad in general... last night he seemed very irritated, to the point of aggression, as he walked to the dining room, Jason was already sat down with a glass of wine, toast, and a few sausages on a plate.

'He's drinking this early in the morning? Me too' his thoughts joke.

"Go ahead and grab a plate, I laid it out for you, there are eggs as well, but they're disgusting, I cooked them wrong" Jason says, a small laugh escaping his lips. Finn gives a chuckle back, nervously he goes towards the kitchen and grabs his food, a glass of milk setting there for him as well.
'Wow, didn't give me any alcohol, nice'

Finn takes a seat, opposite of Jason, and begins eating just as Jason finishes. He gets up, and washes his plate off. Coming back to sit patiently at the table, not taking his soft amber eyes off of Finn.
If he was a liar, Finn would say that he wasn't nervous of the eyes on him, watching his every move, it was strange and felt scary. But he hoped Jason meant no harm.

"So, about last night" Jason begins, clearing his throat and adjusting his shirt, which was a simple white button up, though it had some paint stains on it.
"I believe that it is only fair if I explain where I am going, I know you're worried" He finishes, making uncomfortable eye contact with Finn.

"Uhm- if you want, you don't have to tell me, I was- yeah I was worried about you.." Finn stumbles over his words, not knowing exactly what to say. The toymaker, only smiles, his eyes shining.

"Well, dear friend. I go to take care of a sick friend that's in town. They called asking for assistance, and I cannot stay there all the time, I just have to help them to bed and with their medications" He explains, though, his smile fades a little, and he holds his hands together on the table. Almost like he was lying. Finn nods,  noticing the posture, he was an avid reader when it came to liars, his family was full of them, so he learned how to read signals.  instead of calling the toymaker out for it, he shrugged mentally, thinking it was something too personal for Jason to say fully.

"Thank you for explaining it to me, I appreciate it now I don't have to worry" Finn lies, smiling gently in the others direction. Jason returns the smile and picks up Finns empty plate and glass, taking it to wash out as well.

"Let me help you" Finn states getting up and helping bring the pots and pans of food over to be cleaned and placed away.

"That would be helpful thank you"

--

After cleaning, they relaxed into the living room. Making chit chat, before the toy store opened, which would be around one, since it was in fact Sunday.

"So, I was thinking" Jason begins, Finn looks towards him, raising his eyebrows.

"Go on"

"Well, that day you helped me at the cash register, you proved to be rather helpful" Jason pauses, "and I think you could do some cashier work around here, and you could get a sort of 'paycheck' I suppose"

"Oh, you don't have to do that I'll work for free, honestly"

"No no, I want to pay you for your hard work, you deserve it"  Jason insists, and Finn, finally agrees.

"Good good, you can start today! It shouldn't be as busy as it was this week, mostly because it's Sunday, so most will be getting out of Church or wherever they go" Jason explains, to which the other male nods.

"Also, I have a pair of shoes for you, I know that you only have those boots you came in with, so I'll make sure to craft a couple pairs. For now have these"  Jason gets ups and grabs a pair of black boots, combat boots. They were styled beautifully.

"I thought you might like these, they suit your style more than mine, but I'm not that skilled in making these styled. If they fall apart I apologize"

Finn takes them gingerly, holding them with a large smile.
"Oh my God, I love them so much. Thank you"

"Well, try them on!" Jason giggles a bit, and Finn obliges, trading his shitty boots for the nice new ones. They fit his feet perfectly, much to Finns amazement.

"Soo, do you like them? Do they fit? I had to guess what size you wore"

"They fit wonderfully, and They're so pretty. Thank you I will cherish these and I mean it" Finn responds, his face flushing lightly, from getting something from the male.

"You can break them in during work today, come on let's get going. I'm going to be working on a few new toys today so if you need anything, I'll be around"

---

"And that's the basics of the register, you should be able to handle it, if you have trouble with a customer just get me and I'll get them to shut up"

"Thank you"

"It's no problem, I'll tall to you in a bit"

Finn watches Jason turn and leave. Thank god the toymaker taught him to deal with the register, he would have had no idea how to open it, or even really do anything. As he sees a customer with a few children walking in, his demeanor changed, a smile on his face-

Time to get to work.