He's Back

"Did you hear?" Sugawara, the vice captain of the Karasuno volleyball team, asked the captain, Daichi.

"That Yoshida is back? Yep. And just in time for the practice match." The two turned into three as Tanaka, a second year wing spiker, joined the group.

"IM SO PUMPED!"

"Stop yelling." Daichi smacked the back of the bald male's head.

"Ouch Daichi. I'm just way too excited to see Yoshida-senpai. I haven't talked to him in forever." The three made their way to the gym where all the first years, and the rest of the second years were already gathered.

"Huh, is he not here yet?" Daichi looked around, trying to spot out the black haired, grey eyed male.

"If you're looking for Arata-kun, he had some president and student council problems that had to be fixed before he could come here. He should be on his way back in a little bit." Kiyoko, the manager and another third year, answered Daichi quietly before going back to doing whatever she had been doing previously.

"Who are you talking about?!" Hinata bounded up towards the third years, a bright and curious smile adorning his face.

"He's a middle blocker and your senpai. He was out last week so you lot haven't met him yet." Sugawara smiled before ruffling his bright orange hair.

"Alright, enough chatter. Get to stretching. We've got a practice match tomorrow." That made Hinata, who's excitement about a new name blinded the fact that his first "match" was tomorrow, gulp and deflate like a popped balloon.

"I think Hinata died." Kageyama pointed out before stretching out his limbs.
______________
Breathe...anxiety was no new thing to Arata. He has experienced it throughout his life on many occasions. This being one of them.

Arriving late to anything immediately brought unwanted attention to you. Arata hated that whenever he walked into a room late, all eyes would point towards him and everyone would stop what they were doing, even if it was just for a singular second.

He felt his heart race as he reached his sweaty palm towards the door.

Deep down he knew that he would be ok. Those were his friends. His family. They'd just welcome him back, introduce him to the new first years, and then they'd go back to their usual practice. It was just his brain saying the negative things. They don't like you anymore, they don't want you, you are going to make a fool of yourself, the first years will judge you.

"Ah president, whatcha doin' out here? Shouldn't ya be in there practicing?" One of his classmates asked as he crossed paths with the black haired male on his way to football practice.

"Oh...yeah I should be." He considered this classmate of his, Fujiwara was his name, a friend, one who he told things to that he hasn't to anyone else. Of course leaving out a few details of his home that is. He knew he had anxiety when it came to different settings. He knew he didn't like the dark, or loud noises. That he hated the sound of screaming. Fujiwara knew much more than anyone else knew about Yoshida Arata, yet, the boy still knew so little about the true Arata.

"Anxiety killin' you again? I feel like this happened before...oh yeah, this did happen. Last year. Come on pres, ya know nothin' bad will happen. So let's go." The blond boy held Arata's hand and guided him into the gym, effectively stopping all movements happening in the place. The exact thing Arata didn't want to happen. "Found my bro hangin' outside the door. Thought I'd return him. He's all yours. Bye byeee." And with that, he left, leaving a internally distressed Arata behind.

"YOSHIDA-SENPAI!!" A familiar bald headed male came bounding towards Arata.

"Tanaka-" before he could finish the sentence, he was already tackled to the ground by the said boy.

"Tanaka-kun, get off of him before you kill him." Sugawara dragged Arata's limp body out from underneath the second year. "You ok?"

"I'm good." He laughed before standing back up and looking at his friend in the eyes. "It's good to see you again."

"Yeah, you too." Sugawara patted him before turning to face the first years. "This is Yoshida Arata. Yoshida-kun, this is Hinata Shoyo, Kageyama Tobio, Tsukishima Kei, and Yamaguchi Tadashi. The new first years." Arata smiled at them while tapping each finger with his thumb, a nervous tick he's picked up through the years.

"Nice to meet you all." He bowed towards them.

"Yoshida Arata? I've heard that name before. You were ranked best middle blocker last year in the prefecture." Kageyama's eyes widened. In his first year of junior high, his team faced Arata's. The winner being Arata. He remembered how the starting players had trouble getting passed Arata. His height, his speed, and his reflexive ability stood out amongst all the other middle blockers.

"Yep. Yoshida-senpai is the best, and he's the student council president so respect him." Tanaka announced after getting himself off the ground.

Hinata's eyes at this point were stars, and a sparkling aura surrounded the orange headed boy. "Wow, Karasuno is so cool." He whispered to himself.

"Stop it Tanaka-kun." Arata's cheeks were flushed at this point, and his thumb's movement quickened.

"All right everyone, get back to work!" Daichi called out before turning to Arata. "Yoshida-kun, we have a practice match against Aoba Johsai tomorrow. Go stretch." Arata gulped.

He knew of that team.

It's the one his cousin is on.