Life

Life is such a weird thing.

You don't ask to be born.

You don't get to pick the life you live or your family.

You just have to deal with it.

Some are lucky, and others are not.

Those who are lucky get to live their life happily with a few ups and downs here and there.

And those who aren't. Well they spend most of their life on the down scale of things.

It sucks, but that is just how life is.

Arata knew where he stood in life.

He wasn't lucky, not at all.

Because those who are lucky wouldn't be spending the night before their 18th birthday on a hospital rooftop, ready to end it all.

His heart raised as the air blew his hospital gown around.

Currently, the doctors, nurses, and security guards were all looking for him, but he couldn't will himself to care.

He felt a shudder run down his body until it hit his uncovered feet as he looked down.

It was a high drop, one that would surely kill someone if they jumped.

Perfect

Was he really going to do it? Was he actually going to end it here and now without saying goodbye to Tooru, his eldest cousin, his nephew, his aunt and uncle, or his teammates and friends?

He wished he could but in the end, he just couldn't. It didn't feel right.

His siblings never got to say goodbye, so why should he? 

Life.

Those who are lucky, get to live it out without barely a care in the world.

And those who don't? Well they just perish, like a single piece of dust in the air.

Arata felt free as he fell.

It was quiet. Peaceful.

The crickets sang in their choir while the stars and moon shined bright up in the sky.

He closed his eyes one last time before opening them again.

The last thing he saw was the moon, and his siblings faces smiling back at him.