Home

I panic when I hear a deep voice calling from the door. It must be an old man. I look at Joe and he looks at me. We both don't say a word and just wait. I can't resist and take Joes hand. He immediately grabs mine too. I hear steps on the wooden floor and it sounds like the man is coming for us. I want to move away but the I remember that we really need help so it is good actually when someone finds us.

Then the man comes around the corner and looks at us. A shock is on his face and we are just looking at each other.

"Who are you and what are you doing in my house?" He said and takes a step back.

"We had an accident." Joe says.

"You broke into my house. I will call the police."

"No sir wait." I say as he wants to turn around.

"We had a plane crash weeks ago and we walked through the woods for days to get home. Can you please just help us and call someone to get us. We don't want anything bad, just survive." I try to explain the situation to him.

"How do I know that this is true?"

"Look at us, look at my legs. Sir please I need a doctor and medicine." Joe speaks up.

"It would be amazing if you could just call someone and we could stay here until they get us." I say.

"I will call the police and ask if there was a plane crash and if not I will report that you broke into my house." He says. I think that this is a good idea because I know that the police will definitely know about our crash.

He calls the police a bit later. We are not able to hear what they are saying at the other end of the phone but I think it is good for us because he doesn't stop looking at us with a confused face while he listens to the police.

"Thank you. We will wait until tomorrow." He ends the call. He looks at us and doesn't say a word for a moment.

"What did they say?" Joe asks.

"I'm so sorry. They really told me about a plane crash." He says still in disbelief.

"Will they help us?" I ask.

"They said that they will send someone to pick you up tomorrow but of course you can stay here for the night." He offers. I can't believe what he just said. We did it. We will get rescued. After so many days of thinking that we will never get home we finally made it. I look at Joe and we both smile at each other in that moment. We both couldn't be happier.

"You can pull out the couch and sleep there and you can also use the shower. I'm sure you want to take a shower." He says.

"That actually would be amazing." I say and realize how long it's been since we washed ourselves for the last time.

We both take a shower and later we lay in front of the fireplace under a blanket. It is a warm feeling. For the first time we actually have a warm blanket. I think this will be the best night of my life. Joe lay his arm over my stomach and I stroke his arm. He places a gentle kiss to my cheek.

"We will be home tomorrow." He says.

"We will."

"Because we never gave up. I don't think that I would have made it without you."

"I just did it because of you." I say.

"Even thought we were close to death ever day you made me feel as I was alive again. Since my girlfriend passed away I always felt like a part of me died with her but I think you brought that part back to life." He says and kisses my cheek again.

"At least this whole thing wasn't completely useless. If we wouldn't crash in the woods I don't think that I wouldn't have ever learned what a great man you are." I turn my head a bit to the side and smile at him. This feels so real. All the time it felt like a dream but now it finally became real.

"I really love you Taylor." He whispers and raises his head.

"I love you too." I smile. Joe bends down and kisses my lips.

"I can't wait to go home with you." I say after the kiss.

"Me neither." He says. We both fell asleep pretty quickly. We are completely tired of all the walking and the cold nights outside. This night is definitely the best night ever. I didn't wake up one time during the night.

Joe still holds me in the morning. We both wake up and get ready. The police will pick us up in an hour. It is still enough time to eat something. The owner of the house is really friendly and offered us breakfast and even a bit of clothing.

Then the time has come and the police picks us up from the house. They are here with a big black car and it rather looks like they want to bring us straight to prison that to get us out of here but I don't want to question it. They bring us to the car and as soon as I sit in there I take Joes hand and don't drop it until we arrived in the town.

Joe visited a hospital because of his legs. It turned out that he really broke his ankle. He had to stay there for two days. The police offered me to leave already but I refused because I promised Joe to never leave him anywhere. After two days at the hospital we were taken home. Finally. We made it out alive. It is still hard for me to believe. I not just made it out alive but I also found a man who respects and loves me. So being in that plane crash wasn't completely bad.

"Joe?" I say as we are walking out of the police station to go home.

"Yeah?" He looks at me.

"Take me home." I smile and he nods at me.

~the end~