chapter 13- Mom and Dad

"Princess?" A voice echoes.

I pull the covers over my head, trying to go back to sleep.

"Princess?"

Blinking, I squint my eyes to see Steve standing next to my bed. That's when the stench of sweat fills my nose.

I look over at the bedside table, checking the clock.

"Steve, 1:30 a.m," I whine, slowly sitting up.

"I know, but we need to go. I need to show you something. Be up and ready by 3, okay?"

"Clean up. Sometimes feel like mother to you," I scold, Steve taking a seat on my bed.

"You have no idea the irony."

I open my mouth to ask him what he means, but I wave it off, knowing I'll know when I remember.

I press my hand onto his glistening, smooth chest, evaporating the sweat.

"Go take shower. You stinky."

"If I'm going to take a shower, there was no point in you getting rid of the sweat," Steve pants.

"Fair point."

~~~~~

I check the time as I wait for Steve outside the tower, tapping my foot on the ground.

3:45 a.m.

Steve rushes out, making me fold my arms over my chest.

"Late."

"I know. Let's go."

"Where going?" I ask, dropping my arms and following Steve.

"That... is a secret until we get there."

I grumpily pout, turning my head away from him.

"Come on, Sweetheart. Don't be like that. You'll love it, I know you will."

Huffing, I follow him to a quinjet, strapping myself in and dozing off.

~~~~~

"Princess?"

I stir and hold my head, my vision slowly clearing.

"We're here."

Steve helps me up, and as I move closer to the window, my mouth and eyes widen, taking in the beautiful scene.

Running out, the sun slowly rises, people training and quinjets landing, everyone running around to get things done. The sky overtakes the scene, and swerving my head left and right, I realise we're in the air.

"Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D," Steve says, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"Welcome, Y/n."

I turn to strike whoever is behind me, but Steve grabs my wrist and stops me.

A man with darker skin, an eye patch, bald head and a lot of height is standing there, his hands behind his back.

"Y/n, this is Director Nick Fury. He runs the place. I hope you'll show him respect," Steve says, slowly letting go of me.

"Sorry. I thought you attack me."

"Well, I did say 'welcome'. I can see the threat in that."

I smirk, turning to Steve.

"He's good. Thank you, Nick."

"No one calls me Nick."

"I do now."

"Anyway, If you'll follow me, miss, I'll take you to the main room," Clint says, walking towards us.

I leap at him, wrapping my arms tightly around him.