Chapter 2: The Return of the Shark

Nevada
Jasper

The last Prime was greeted to the sight of Bumblebee
and Arcee standing next to Ratchet while Bulkhead
was with the children watching the television device
humans seemed to be addicted to. He caught a brief
glimpse of a human in a blue suit and red cape taking apart missiles. He sees Ironhide, Ultra Magnus, and Wheeljack cleaning their weapons. He also saw Grimlock and Smokescreen working on a project. His attention was drawn to the sound of the lift doors opening and Agent Fowler walking out.

"Prime, we may have a situation. Over the past few
months, a number of sites in the Deep Space
Monitoring Network were totaled, the latest one being the radio telescope array in Texas a couple of days ago."

"Think the Cons are disabling them to bring an army?" Arcee asked.

"Maybe. Their cloaking technology shields them from even our scanners, I don't see any reason they would need to." Ratchet countered, "Plus, with the Energon crystals popping up now, it would make sense for the Decepticons to strike.

"Not only that, but your Energon crystals are not just popping up in Jasper, but now in different cities." Fowler added as he gripped the guard rail and looked Optimus in the optics gravely.

"This is making some of the top brass nervous, Prime; especially since the United Nations are still repairing Starro's damage a year ago. Superman and the heroes been going around fixing damage left and right."

"Superman? Isn't he that human-looking alien who can fly in Metropolis?" Bulkhead asked.

Superman. From what Optimus recalled, the being by that name was also from a distant planet and raised by humans. His physiology allowed him to gain god-like power and yet he used his abilities in the defense and safety of humans. The last Prime had a measure of respect for the "Man of Steel" as he was sometimes called. While he applauded his courage at revealing himself to the world; Optimus held no illusions of doing the same with the Autobots any time soon. There's even been other heroes coming out from hiding to help save the world.

 There's even been other heroes coming out from hiding to help save the world

"Among other things. Anyway, have you bots picked up anything odd recently?" He asked.

Optimus shook his head. He then sees Grimlock come to him.