𝑰𝑿. 𝒉𝒊𝒈𝒉 & 𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒆

•••

Harper who now had no ride to or from the D&D campaign tonight decided that she would wait at the school until the campaign tonight. Some of the other boys were doing that so she wasn't really alone. Well, at school. She was alone, currently. As soon as the school day ended Harper slowly made her way down to the track and football practice fields. She walked over to the white, green, and orange-painted walls facing away from the forest, and sat against them.

She pulled her notebook out, in this notebook Harper had taken notes on the D&D campaign. Everything was lining up perfectly, except for one thing. All of these monsters were being thrown at them every time they would open a new portal and go through it. And they had made it to their final portal. Once they went through they were inside a castle, a big castle. And it was quiet.

All these monsters held the mark of the Cult of Vecna. It was an obvious sign of the Teeth of Vecna, the wizards who had the powers to control these creatures. But the Cult of Vecna wasn't usually this smart, the way they were playing out their moves was different than their usual actions. They were smarter.

All of these facts lead up to?

There was only one answer.

Vecna was back.

Harper chuckled as she scribbled down on her notebook, filling in the plot holes.

Hearing footsteps in front of her she glanced up, Chrissy Cunningham was walking right towards where Harper was sitting.

That's when Harper realized, this was where Eddie and Chrissy's deal was gonna be. Harper's eyes widened, her being here could deter Chrissy from wanting to do the deal.

Chrissy made eye contact with Harper before walking past her. Harper felt relieved it seemed Chrissy didn't think anything of it. A few minutes after Harper heard footsteps again, she glanced up, this time seeing Eddie leaning over her.

"Hey, Harper." He smiled down at her, Harper noticed a metal lunchbox in his hand.

Harper smirked up at him, now knowing the rest of the campaign plan, "Hey Eddie. Good luck with the deal." She chuckled. Eddie saw the knowing look on her face, he raised one eyebrow.

"What do you know?" He asked, crouching down in front of her.

"I've been taking notes on the campaign." A mischievous smile on her face.

"Sh*t." He stood back up, he pinched the bridge of his nose before pointing to her, "We'll talk later. Don't tell the boys what you know." Harper nodded as Eddie walked past her towards the forest.

A few minutes went by, and Harper was actually surprised that she couldn't hear anything from the woods, at one point she thought she heard Chrissy let out a yelp, but there was nothing else. After some more time, the two came back out, Chrissy seemed a little more relaxed and Eddie stopped and stood next to Harper as Chrissy walked off.

The smaller blond girl sent the two a confused look before continuing on her way. Eddie flopped down onto the ground next to her, Harper quickly shut her notebook and stuck it in her backpack. The boy next to her quickly glanced over at her his head leaning on his own shoulder.

"She said she wanted something stronger." Eddie said, his hands clutching onto his jeans, "So I'm gonna take her home after and give her some Special K."