𝑿𝑿𝑽𝑰𝑰. 𝒑𝒉𝒂𝒔𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆

•••

The RV was parked in the middle of the forest while Nancy paced nervously. Eddie was still clutching onto Harper's hand, "Okay." Nancy spoke softly, "I wanna run through it one more time." She turned around and faced the group, "Phase one-"

"We meet Erica at the playground." Robin explained, "She'll signal Max and Lucas when we're ready."

"Phase two."

"Max baits Vecna. He'll go after her, which'll put him in his trance." Steve added.

Nancy nodded, "Phase three?" She glanced at Dustin, Harper, and Eddie.

"Me, Eddie, and Harper draw the bats away." Dustin said while Eddie reached forward and grabbed the top of his head, shaking it slightly.

"Four?"

Robin spoke up, "We head into Vecna's hopefully newly bat-free lair, and..." She shook the Molotov cocktail in her hand, swishing around the liquid inside, "... flambé."

"Nobody moves on to the next phase until we've all copied." Nancy spoke grimly, "Nobody deviates from the plan, no matter what." She let out a breath nervously and looked up at the group, "Got it?"

Everyone nodded, "Got it." They repeated before standing up and following Nancy out of the RV. They all ran towards Eddie's trailer. Steve stepped up first and opened the door, he walked inside and turned on the light, taking his backpack off and placing it down on the ground. The others followed him quickly.

"Be careful," Dustin said to Steve.

"Thanks, buddy." Steve said, patting his shoulder before reaching over to the rope that was still dangling from the gate, "Here goes nothing." Steve pulled himself up the rope before turning to the other side and landing smoothly. He looked up at Nancy, Robin, and Harper before shrugging.

"Woahhh." Robin muttered sarcastically.

Harper chuckled, "What does he want us to do? Applaud?" Her comment earned a chuckle from the group around her.

Steve pulled the mattress under the gate, "All right!" He grabbed onto the rope, holding it steady, "Let's go."

Robin and Nancy shared a glance before Robin kneeled down and helped Nancy up. Robin went next, followed by their weapons. Eddie stabilized Harper as she climbed up the rope. She fell onto the mattress before standing up and moving to the side. Eddie went next and Dustin followed close behind.

They all quickly readied themselves and stepped outside of the trailer, into the Upside Down. Eddie shut the door behind him, a habit that he had grown into from living in the trailer. Steve turned towards the small group of three, shocking them slightly.

"Hey, guys. If things here start to go south, I mean at all, you abort. Okay? Draw the attention of the bats. Keep 'em busy for a minute or two. We'll take care of Vecna." He turned towards Eddie specifically, "Don't try to be cute or be a hero or something. Okay? You guys are just--" He paused.

"Decoys." Both he and Dustin spoke at the same time.

Dustin shook his head, "Don't worry. You can be the hero, Steve."

"Absolutely." Eddie agreed, his sarcasm almost untraceable, "I mean, look at us. We are not heroes."

Steve turned to Harper, "That goes for you too." He pointed at her before dropping his arms. He pressed his lips together before wrapping her in a tight hug, "Stay safe." He said before pulling away.

"I will Steve." She then turned to see Robin standing close by. Harper stepped over to the girl and wrapped her arms around her, "Good luck."

Robin nodded into her shoulder, her arms wrapped tightly around her, "Thanks." She breathed before the two girls pulled away.