Chapter 5 - Rumors

(Warning: This chapter will include heavy depictions of violence and homophobia. If you wish to continue, you are welcome to do so. You have been warned!)

It has been weeks. Months. Two of them talks for countless of hours as they do some of their indoor duties. 

As the two made their early morning talks on the phone, someone knocked to Espresso's door.

"Just a second, I'll just see who this is." Espresso says as he places the handset on the table. He walks to the door and opened it just enough to see that it was the butler.

"Pardon my disturbance, your highness, the king and queen requests your presence in the throne room. They seem...mad." The butler said as he hesitates on the last part. Technically they were mad but it was an understatement. They were furious. Espresso felt shivers down his spine as he said he will follow after a second. As he closes the door, he went and picked up the handset.

"Madeleine, I might have to call you back later." Espresso says and ended the call without hearing what Madeleine has to say next. He quickly fixes himself and went straight to the throne room with such poise.

"You asked for me, mother and father?" Espresso said in a neutral tone. He can feel the gaze his parents' eyes as he bows his head.

"Have you read the international newspapers lately?" The queen started. For a second, Espresso thought that it was just another economical crash on the other kingdom that greatly affected theirs. He shook his head and said no.

"How come?" The queen questioned again.

"I was busy with my invention, mother. I simply cannot find a time for me to skim through it." Espresso reasoned. It was half true, but the other half is him talking to Madeleine.

"Is that so?" His mother glared.

"I'm certain." Espresso replied as he gulps.

"Then explain this." The queen said as she threw the newspaper to the ground in front of Espresso. What the front page has in store puts shock on Espresso's face. He shakily picks it up and swiftly reads the contents. The whole 3 pages were about him.

"When was this published? I wasn't aware of such rumor!" Espresso exclaimed. It was truly horrifying. The front page shows him and a shadowed person with a question mark.

Just in!

Prince Espresso of the striving Coffee Kingdom has stolen the spotlight of Prince Madeleine on having a scandal. He has been reported to be involved in a sex scandal to where he was claimed on having an intercourse with an unknown person as he's in a visit on Crème Republic. "Who could this person be?" A lot of people asked.

Prince Madeleine hasn't said anything about the news and people all around different kingdoms are also dying to know who this person is. Skip to page 3 for the theories on who it is!

Espresso skipped to the said page not even reading the rest of the contents. He saw that there wasn't a single princess on the list and read the rest of the contents he has skipped.

"Prince Espresso is speculated to be having an intercourse with a man?!" Espresso exclaimed.

"Is that true?" The queen asked as she stirs her tea.

"Mother, I have not any idea what this paper is saying. I do not swing the other way nor had an intercourse with anyone!" Espresso lied. As long as Madeleine wasn't involved in the said scandal, he can think of something. He can twist its words.