Ch.1

"Sir? Sir please wake up!"

Roy slowly awoke, he was confused of where he was. He quickly remembered he had gone to take a nap in the archive. Lt. Hawkeye stood angrily over him.

"It's 2 am! I've been looking all over Central for you!" She scolded

Roy stood up, rubbed his eyes and yawned.

"2 am? I guess I overdid it again." He sighed.

"Come now, you need to go back to sleep, this time in a real bed." She softly spoke.

Roy looked up at Riza, he could feel the bags under his eyes. But he couldn't do it, not with the things that were on his mind.

"No, not right now, I won't be able to sleep." He lied.

Riza frowned. "Sir, it's my duty to-"
"Not right now" He interrupted, speaking in a more harsh tone.

Riza hesitated, "Where are you going to go then?"

"On a walk" He grimly replied.

Looking down at the floor, Riza stepped out of his way. Roy walked past her and out the door into the courtyard.

• • •

Thoughts and memories filled his mind. He remembered everything, every detail of what happened in the past. Riza had told him before, to keep moving on and just forget, but he just couldn't come to it, wether he wanted to or not.
The memories would not go away, it kept him up at night, and was the cause of his lack of sleep. What really shook him, was the memories and dreams of his old military days.

He walked along the concrete path, leading to a public park. His mind wondered off as his legs mindlessly walked themselves. He didn't stop and think where he was going, it just felt natural.
Soon, he was at the local telephone booth. Shaking his head out of his thoughts, he realized where he was, and a wave of sadness washed over him. This is where his dear friend's murder occurred, right where he was standing.
"You goddam fool..." He sighed

Roy slowly lifted his hand to his head, and gave a soldiers solute in memory for him.

• • •

I'll post more often! If you like the story so far in the early makings, comment and tell me what I should include in the story! If people want to see more, please notify me, or I won't think anyone is reading it. If it doesn't work out the way I planned, I'll just end the project >_< Thanks! I'll post another chapter tomorrow hopefully!