Drive in

Steve Harrington X Reader

Warning: smut.

"I'm so excited," You smiled.

Steve looked over at you and grinned at your giddiness. "Dirty dancing? Really? Isn't like the biggest chick flick ever."

You dramatically gasped and he shook his head, "Excuse me?"

"It is. It's so corny," He said as he pulled into the drive in movie theatre. "I can't believe you're actually saying this right now," You said.

He huffed, "Whatever. You know it, I know it," You smiled, shaking your head and looking out of the window at other cars. "Well you're going to have to watch it either way." He remained silent and pulled up in a space in the middle.

"There loads of people here," You said, "Almost all of Hawkins has shown up," He added.

When he was parked he put the hand brake on and grabbed a bag from the back seat.

"You actually brought a bag?" You asked. He nodded, "Oh yeah, baby."

He reached in and grabbed bags of chips, oreos, pepsi, sprite, Kit Kats and all sorts.

"Jesus, Steve," You said, peering into the bag. "Well, if we get locked in at least we'll survive," You said. He smiled up at you and you looked over his face before moving away.

This was your friend, Steve. Steve Harrington. Your best friend Steve. Steve who you had the biggest fattest crush on. You had kissed before, about a month ago. It wasn't a proper kiss, like, yeah your lips met but apart from that it was just a one-off kiss.

You hadn't spoken about it, ever. But it was completely out of the question. He kept rambling to Robin and you about all these girls and how he didn't know what he wanted.

The cinema screen came on and everyone's cars began lulling. People murmuring about the film and their radios starting.

It was nice looking into other cars. Couples cuddled up under a blanket, teenagers sitting and laughing loudly with their friends, it was nice and refreshing.

The opening credits rolled and you smiled, grabbing a Pepsi from the bag. "Want one?" You asked, Steve nodded and held out a hand which you granted with a Pepsi.

You leaned back into the seat and grabbed the blanket you had brought with you from the floor.

You offered it to Steve who nodded, he grabbed it and unfolded it. He placed it over the two of you and you smiled, getting closer to him so you could both fit under the blanket.

He put an arm around your shoulder and you sucked in a breath, focusing on the movie.

You could smell his cologne strongly and you wondered if he had put more on that usual.

Baby played on screen so you chewed your lip, trying to focus on the stupid movie.

His arm tightened around your neck as he opened his Pepsi. You watched his face as he drank it, his Adam's apple bobbed and his jaw tightened.

You watched him and when he was done his arm loosened on you again.

He looked down at you and your head snapped away. You wondered what the point of that was because he clearly saw you looking at him and you snapping your head away made it look like you shouldn't have been looking at him. Like you liked him, you felt your cheeks burning and his eyes boring into the side of your head.

You turned and met his eyes, wondering what he was thinking.

His eyes flicked to your lips and you wondered if you was thinking what you were. Kissing in a car while watching dirty dancing would be a whole lot of romantic.