waking up

it took me a while to adjust to my new life and it took me even longer to know my own name I mean the only one who knew it was stone after all. everything was settled when they broke out and begged me to stop fighting while calling an unfamiliar name over and over. but thanks to this strange situation I learned my name....nightmare. thats what he called me so that was what I went by. 

time for some reason seemed all weird to me no matter how fucked up that sounds it really was...strange. it was like I was in a dream and everything was going faster than it should but at the same time it was going at a normal pace if that makes sense. 

eventually things got bad fast I didn't seem to be doing my supposed job well enough till it was too late. my job was creating negativity and spreading it around I took it as actively making people sad or scared but that was completely wrong and I learned that the hard way my job was making a huge ball of negative emotions of all kinds and spreading it throughout the multiverse equally to everyone and dream was supposed to do the same. when I learned of this I quickly changed my approach but I didn't have any way of convincing dream to do the same and soon positivity was scarce. of course I was blamed for this and since dream was getting sick I could do anything but try and prolong the days where I don't do my job for as long as possible. dream and his friends blue and ink tried to make as many people happy as possible the old fashioned way by talking and cheering them up but there was only so much they could do going about it that way but they still refused to let me talk to dream to try and help convinced I had a part in his sickness and the decline in positivity. all I could do was watch from afar as the multiverse soon lost all emotional balance when those who weren't emotionless were extremely suicidal or already dead. it was a mess where not even the god of destruction was safe since he was already one of those who felt more negative emotions he was one of the first to die. ink though not having real emotions was generally unaffected he was the only one who still tried to fight me even after dream died. 

since ink was still alright though he tried to help by making aus with possible solutions but with no destroyer to weed out the aus that needed to go and to make room for more. soon the aus crashed together. I couldn't stop crying in pain as all I could do was watch, if only I just stuck with making people sad the good old fashioned way people wouldn't have had to die like this but I was selfish and I didn't want to hurt people. 

...

this was all my fault. 

I did this. 

I can't fix it. 

someone please help us!

someone please help me!

but nobody came. 

when the multiverse finally broke down and collapsed with everything no longer existing I allowed myself to fall into the void facing the same fate as everyone else who did not die before there au did. I would suffer for all eternity for what I did. 

for all eternity I shall suffer. 

never dying

never living

always in pain

always wishing things were different

but never gaining that very wish

because I deserved this.