Chapter 10: Book Retrieval Job

Your PoV

Next stop is the flower shop. Lisa says this is the last one for today

Lisa: "Hello Donna, how are you this fine afternoon?"

Donna: "Lisa? What a surprise, I am wonderful thank you. Oh and the traveler is here too. Perhaps you would like to pick out a flower for your little date?"
She offers

Lisa: "it isn't exactly a date.. hmm? Oh you thought it was? Well it would be nice but this is for work remember. Why don't you pick a flower out (y/n)?"

"Hmm.. oh the cecilia looks cute, perfect for Lisa"
I say giving a subtle wink

Lisa: "the only thing that could make this gift any better is if it was hand picked by you sweetie"

"We'll just know if I ever find any, I'll keep a note to pick some for you"

Lisa: "how sweet.. but now for work"
She says with her smile dropping slightly at the mention of work

Donna: "Oh? I see"

Lisa: "Regarding the book you have borrowed from the library.. it is now overdue"

Donna: "oh it's been that long already? Well I'm sorry.. but it seems to be missing"

Lisa: "you lost it?"

Donna: "no not like that. I placed it on my bedside table.. but it isn't there anymore. I can't find it anywhere"

Lisa: "well not to worry just yet. In case of situations like these I have marked each book with some elemental trace"

"Like a tracker? That's clever"

Lisa: "exactly. So we just follow the trail left by the book to where you left it"

"Or to whoever else may have took it"
Lisa looks at me with an eyebrow raised

"If she left it on her bedside table and she didn't move it, someone else could have stole it?"

Donna: "oh the mere thought of that is frightening.."

Lisa: "don't fear. We shall find the culprit"

"And return the book.. and probably a few other things the thief stole.. if any"

A while later me and Lisa are found following glowing teal foot prints. Lisa told me this is the elemental trace left by the book

"Does the colour depend on the element or is it real for everyone?"

Lisa: "it is only a trick a few people can learn. It uses anemo elemental energy to essentially scan the air for the tracks left by what you are searching for"

"Ah I see.. can you use it? If you marked all the books with the energy you must be able to follow the tracks right?"

Lisa: "I can.. but not that well.. as an electro user I cannot use anemo abilities like that.. I use static to search for clues rather than just the air"

"And I can because I was an anemo user before I got the spear that lets me use electro?"

Lisa: "it seems that way doesn't it? Have you learned anything new about the spear yet?"

"Well I believe it is helping boost my speed a little, I've noticed sometimes when I'm against electro based enemies I don't feel as much pain from their attacks as I expected I would"

Lisa: "interesting.. I still have no idea about these enchanted weapons. I've seen and studied two.. your spear and Christian's sword"

"Maybe we can look into it together sometime? Who knows, maybe find another one?"