010 Fourth of July

010 Fourth of July

The Fourth of July in Cousins was always Julia's favorite time of the summer. All of the dad's would come up, well, that she didn't particularly have a liking in. Anyways, the dad's would come up and watch the fireworks with everyone, while the moms stressed over the holiday. It was a tradition.

Of course, every Fourth of July there was a time of dread for the blonde girl because the Conklin father would pay barely any attention to her like he did his other children, and it made her wonder if she was enough for him. Everyone knew of their damaged relationship that not even a bandaid could fix, but she always stuck to her ways, and he never tried fixing their relationship.

Julia was like a burden to John. She reminded him a lot of her mother, and he hated to have to carry that along, even though him and her mother only dated for a few weeks, he had still grown attached.

"Can I finish your milk?" Jeremiah questioned as he watched Julia take the last bite of her food. She sat next to him wearing jean shorts and a red and blue plaid crop top with spaghetti straps..

She chuckled with a grimace before passing him her bowl. "Feel free, you sicko."

"Yo, I'm gonna go wash the clams." Conrad stated as he walked into the kitchen. "Did you get thr lighter fluid?"

"Mm." Jeremiah nodded. "Yeah, it's already on the beach." Julia snorted a laugh as she looked at Jeremiah, pointing her finger at her own lips.

"You got a little something there?" Belly laughed from next to the two as he rolled his eyes at her mocking gesture.

"Are we done with the portraits yet?" Steven questioned, walking into the room with Susannah behind him.

"Yeah, for today. But you do look good in a dress shirt, Steven." Susannah smiled. She then turned to Julia who was laughing at Jeremiah. "Oh, and Julia, I have like, one last touch up for your portrait then it's about done." Julia looked away from Jeremiah, nodding at Susannah. Julia hated to be the first one to  be painted because then she would have to wait longer for thr result.

"Uh, which makes me think if Belly doesn't hurry up and ask Cam to that ball, you should take her." Susannah mentioned to Steven.

"Ew. No way." Belly argued.

"No, no, no, yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm already going with Shayla." Steven shook his head.

"Jeez, nevermind me sitting right here." Julia held her hands up as if showing she had a presence in the room, signaling to them that she still didn't have a date.