𝟎𝟐𝟔 you are the problem

026     you are the problem

Julia Conklin had woken up on the couch in the middle of the night. The only light emitting in the darkened room was the glare of the moon against the glass windows. Other than that, it was pitch black. A blanket was draped over her legs, which Jeremiah had laid on her last night. But, she didn't remember that.

She also didn't remember falling asleep, not even half an hour into the movie. She hadn't even made it past the pizza's arrival. After the movie was finished, the group made sure to leave her there, knowing all hell would break loose if she was woken up.

Jeremiah had covered her with a blanket, and then everyone went to their respective bedrooms. Taylor, of course, took the spare bedroom on the second floor that was rarely ever touched.

It was midnight, she assumed. Julia got up from the couch groggily, trying to make her way through the darkness and upstairs. It was relatively easy considering that she knew the house like the back of her hand. Yet, she still managed to find it difficult when it was pitch black, and she was still tired.

When she made it to the second floor, she considered going to her bedroom. But, then she remembered that her bed hadn't even been made and the bed was stripped of all its sheets and blankets.

So, she went to Jeremiah's bedroom. Usually, she found it weird to appear in his room in the middle of the night, but this time, she would let it slide. Besides, they were finally on good terms.

Julia entered his room to see him laying flat on his stomach, shirtless. His face was buried in his pillow, and his legs were covered with a blanket. She smiled to herself before occupying the space beside him, careful not to disturb him or wake him up.

She pushed her tousled blonde hair out of her face before turning on her side to face him. She enjoyed watching him sleep as disturbing as it sounded. She smiled at his slightly pinched brows and his hazelnut curls that fell in front of his eyes.

Gently, she reached forward to push the loose curls out of his eyes. She really didn't mean to wake him because when his eyes fluttered open at her soft touch, she pulled back quickly. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you," She whispered.

"Hi," he groaned, lips absent-mindedly curling up into a sly smirk. She smiled back at him before reaching for his hand that lay beside the pillow.

"Hi," Julia whispered softly. "You can go back to sleep."

He didn't answer. Instead, his hand groggily moved to her waist and pulled her into his side. She giggled softly, trying to stay quiet so she didn't wake anybody up. "Couldn't sleep?" He questioned quietly.

"Oh, no, I could," She reassured him. "I just didn't feel like staying downstairs by myself. Considering everyone left me."

He knew she was joking, but he still scoffed lightly. "Sorry, we didn't want you killing us in our sleep," he joked.