006 - what is life?

"Perhaps we've met before, but may I question why you happened to call me here?" Yelan asked, looking curious.

"I happened to call you here because I saw you, and recognized your gorgeous face, along with your breathtaking blue eyes," the familiar man replies, with an innocent smile.

A shade of red filled a small portion of Yelan's cheeks as Ayato said that.

"T-thank you," she responded. "May I ask why you happen to be here?"

"I come here to let go of my worries," he says, while looking at her. "This place is free therapy for me. I feel a calming sensation every time I come here."

After hearing Ayato's words, she decided to ask a question. One that Ayato thought was interesting.

"What's your current opinion on life and the state that us humans are in right now?" she asked. I mean, doesn't it feel kind of boring? You're always under stress, and can't let go of that stress no matter how hard you try. It's like a simple cycle, a never-ending one, a very dreadful and unamusing one." she sighed out.

After a bit of thought, Ayato responded with these very words.

"Once all of the Archon Gods left, we all started working in a system that seems so limited and boring. There's gotta be something else to life. I mean, contributing to society? What kind of bs is that? Are we minions or something?" She dazes off in the same river with the same thoughts. Ayato leaned on the railing next to her.

"I deeply agree with you on life being an unamusing and dreadful cycle." He sighed and began. "We perceive life as if it's this simple cycle of growing and working until the days get old. To the point where it's easy to get hooked into this system we caged ourselves into. Life is not about being stuck in a box like most of us are in but it's about learning outside of it and really experiencing it. However, most of us don't get that luxury and have to live with time-consuming jobs that a lot of people don't like but need to do for survival. If our world wasn't full of greed and money driven then we could probably see the beauty of what life is meant to be. But the question is: What is life and have we defined it in a way that seems too unrealistic in our own eyes? If we define life in this adventurous and "free-choice" way then why don't we see it happening in most if not all of our lives?"

Yelan thought about what he said, and a roaring frustration hit her.

"You're right, it's more complicated than I thought. Yelan turned around and walked away, without a word slipping out and leaving Ayato alone.

Before she left, Ayato shouted these words.

"I will come back here tomorrow, I swear, if you're hearing this, please feel free to come!" he exclaimed, trying to signal those words to Yelan.

"EIGHT AM!" "EIGHT AM!" he shouted.

Yelan happened to hear those words, but didn't bother saying anything. Instead, she flipped her hair and walked away.

"Did I make her... mad?" Ayato thought to himself, looking worried.

For the rest of the night, Yelan kept thinking of those words Ayato said. "What is life and have we defined it in a way that seems too unrealistic in our own eyes?" his voice said as they kept on echoing inside of her head.

"Yeah, what if?" she thought. "Is my once magnificent dream too unrealistic for me? Should I just accept this cycle? I shouldn't complain, considering this is the life set for mostly every human being."