008 - 'improved' life

The words kept buzzing inside of Yelan's mind. The same words that she was told at the river yesterday by Ayato. A feeling of hope clogged Yelan's mind, and the everlasting feeling in her throat was slowly going away. Daily schedules don't matter to her anymore, as well as preparing for all of her exams. Her piled up assignments don't bother her a single bit now. She's slowly getting out of "the cycle," that she's always considered to be her life. Her mind is getting detached from her everlasting feeling of dread from that "cycle." From now on, she won't bother going to college at all. Ayato was now the center of her life. The one who she will put her everything for. He motivated her and changed the lenses she looks through. She finally looked at a different perspective, and decided to break out of this system.

College doesn't matter to her anymore. She doesn't even bother going to it. Today, it passed her mind as quickly as a shooting star. Deciding not to go there means she doesn't have to have her everlasting worries. Instead, she decided to snooze off and get a little bit more rest. Something she's never gotten to do in her life, ever.

Once she woke up from her deep slumber, she decided to cook her own food, and relax while reading some books. Looking at her piling assignments doesn't bother her, but in fact, amuses her, as she won't have to deal with them anymore. She goes to her oven, and makes her favourite meal, Dew-Dipped Shrimp, this time feeling amused, not burnt-out. Knowing that she doesn't care about college anymore creates a whole new feeling for her.

Was it really that easy to escape the system? Or do problems still lie for her? I mean..., getting out of college would obviously be a big problem. My parents might disown me, meaning that she may have to pay rent for myself, and repeat this system.

The clock already struck 3pm, hours away from the time she wanted to meet the strange man. She wanted a different form of communication with him, rather than only being able to see him at the river and maybe his workplace. Her thoughts were full of one thing: Ayato. Ayato and Ayato only. Nothing else went in her mind.

She spent the hours daydreaming, until her phone distracted her, notifying her that she should leave for her scheduled 'business meeting' (a coverup by the way), to meet Ayato. She doesn't even bother dressing, and stays in her night suit. Sure, she got looks, but she doesn't care anymore. The only thing she cares about is... Ayato. Was she developing something special?

Probably not... it's too early.

As she continued walking down the 'enchanting' path that led to the river, she happened to bump into Ayato out of nowhere, scaring her.

"What are you doing?" Ayato looked at Yelan, right in her eyes.

"I was doing the same thing that you probably were... going to the river," she looks back at Ayato, trying to contain her blush, and carefully picks out the words she'll say to him.

"Why don't we walk to the river together then?" Ayato asks, signaling Yelan to hold his hand, to which she gladly agrees.

From there, they didn't exchange any words, but both their hands were held together tightly. A strong bond formed between them, as Yelan waved Ayato's hand, still gripping hers, up to the sky.

Eventually, they ended up at the river, to which their daily conversation about life starts.

"Ayato! I just want to thank you." Yelan smiles at him, still gripping onto Ayato's hand.

"Hm, why?" Ayato asks, curious, yet somewhat knowing the answer.

"Hehe, well, I've found purpose," she continued.

"And what do you mean by that?" Ayato asks, now having one of his hands on the railing.

"I mean..." Yelan sighs, before going on, "I've found an entire new purpose in life. Ever since I've thought of those words you told me, things have been different. Skipping college for a day made me forget about every worry I had. Perhaps I could do it again? I just want to say thank you... Ayato. I am grateful to you, and everything you've done for me. I want to pursue my dream job now."

"Oh? I've done that much for you?" Ayato looks at Yelan, trying to wash some of his mental pain away.

"Mhm. I am infinitely grateful, Ayato. I will forever be." She slips her number on a piece of paper, and puts it in Ayato's pocket. "I must go now. Talk later! I slipped something in your pocket."

parts 9 - 13 posted SOON !