Chapter 17

Little information : I know that I wrote in Chapter 1 that this story kinda based on a true story and it still does EXCEPT shootings,explosions and things like that I'm just trying to make this story better without only writing about psychological problems like eating disorders,self harm and so on but if you guys have any idea what I could add in the story tell me please!!

"Oh my god- Hailey you're here!" Kim said and ran towards Hailey to hug her. "I missed you so much" she added. "I missed you too" answered Hailey and smiled. "Why are you already here again?" Asked Erin after she hugged Hailey too. "It was so boring staying at home I just wanted to see you all again and I really want to work again" she replied and saw Voight entering the room. "Welcome back Upton" he said as he saw her. "Thanks sergeant" Hailey replied. "Are you sure you're ready to work again?" He asked suspiciously and looked at her. "I am" she didn't know if she was really ready but she just couldn't stay at home any longer. "Kim,can I talk to you for a minute?" Jay suddenly asked. "Of course,what is it?" Kim said and followed Jay into another room.

"Do you think Hailey would like this ring?" He asked when he took a ring out of his locker. "Oh my god- you're finally going to propose to Hailey?" Kim gloated. She knew how long Jay had been thinking about proposing to Hailey. "Ehh..yes I do, do you think she'll like the ring?" He replied. "Of course she'll like the ring! When do you want to give it to her?" Kim asked further. "I don't know yet," he confessed, looking at Kim for help. "Ok, you'll take her out to dinner tonight at her favorite restaurant and when you're done eating, you'll go with her to her favorite place and propose to her." She said. "God, I can't believe you're finally doing it!" Kim added. Jay had to smile a little. "Thanks Kim" he said and hugged her. "No problem, now go back to your girlfriend" Kim replied and they went back to the others.

"What were you talking about?" Hailey asked as Jay sat down next to her at the desk. "Ehh...just about Kim still being worried about you..." lied Jay. "Oh ok..." replied Hailey and started to do some paperwork. "Do you want to go out to dinner with me tonight?" Jay asked a little later, looking Hailey in the eye. "I'd love to" Hailey smiled and Jay was relieved. "Did you really think I said no-?" Hailey asked and looked a little offended but had to start laughing right away. "I don't know maybe" Jay smiled and continued to look at her. "Ehh..don't you want to look somewhere else...? Hailey asked a little nervously when she noticed that Jay was still looking at her. "Why should I? You look so beautiful Hails" he smiled and Hailey had to laugh. "Jay this is a police department not your bedroom, if you really want to touch your girlfriend so badly go home." Antonio grumbled and quickly left the room again. Hailey had to laugh. "Someone's jealous," she giggled.

(Some hours later)

It was around 1 am when Hailey and Jay left the restaurant again and went to Haileys favorite place at the lake. "What are we doing here?" Hailey asked and smiled . "You said here is you favorite place" he said looking at her. "I never thought you remembered that" Hailey was a bit speechless. "Of course I can remember my fiancée's favorite place." Jay smiled. Hailey looked at him a little confused. Jay got down on one knee and took a small box out of his pocket.
"Hailey, I love you so so much, I never want to lose you and my heart aches when im not with you. I love your smile, and your laugh. The way you help everybody no matter who they are or what they've done. You've always been there for me at my lowest lows and my highest highs. So Hailey. Hailey Ann Upton, will you marry me?" Jay said and looked at her . Haileys eyes began to fill with tears. "Oh Jay..yes,yes,yes..!" She said and wiped the tears from her face. "Of course I will..!" She added and Jay put the ring on her finger. "I love you so much Hailey Ann Upton" Jay said and kissed her. "I love you way more" Hailey smiled and put her head on Jay's chest. "That's not possible Hails, I love you much more " and kissed her on the forehead. "If you say so" Hailey smiled and looked at the ring Jay had just given her. "Do you like it?" Jay asked "It's beautiful Jay..." she replied. "That's good..shall we go home? I don't want you to get sick..." suggested Jay and kissed her again. "Yeah..it's getting really cold..." she smiled and they walked home.

As they arrived back home Hailey was really tired and almost felt asleep while walking up the stairs. "Watch out Hails..." laughed Jay as she fell backwards into his arms "I'm so tired..." she mumbled and felt asleep in his arms "Hails..I don't think it's such a good idea to sleep standing up "said jay but Hailey didn't answer him anymore. "You're not serious..." he laughed and carried her upstairs to the bed. He carefully took off her clothes and covered her up. You look so adorable when you sleep Hails he thought and laid down next to her. "Good night.." he whispered as he took her carefully in his arms. "I love you.." he added