Chapter 24

Just as Jay and Hailey arrived at the department the next day,Adam stormed out of Voights office angrily and left. "What is wrong with him?" Hailey asked confused. "He got fired" Erin giggled. "Why?" Jay wanted to know. "Don't you remember yesterday? Voight found out about it and fired him" she explained. "As I told you Hailey,if anyone hurts you he's done" she added,looking at Hailey. "Thanks" she smiled . "No problem" Erin replied smiling and sat down at her desk.

(A few weeks later)

"Are you ok Hailey?" Jay asked. "Yeah..my stomach just hurts a bit" she lied and continued making some paperwork. "Are you sure? Erin told me you threw up earlier." He replied . "Jay I'm fine ok,don't worry. If it gets worse I'll tell you immediately" she answered."Okay but just be careful, I know something's bothering you but if you don't want to tell me then just know I'm here for you" Jay said, taking a seat at his desk. "I will I will" Hailey said, she put her head down and started doing some paperwork when she felt sick again. She got up and rushed to the locker rooms and threw up in the sink. Jay came rushing in behind her, he held her hair up and started rubbing her back. "Okay Hails, bring it all up" Jay said.

A few minutes passed and Hailey's sickness had passed, she moved towards the sink, the energy was drained out of her due to her being sick all day. She washed her face over and then turned around to face Jay. "You alright now?" Jay asked, Hailey just leaned against him, due to her being extremely tired. "Hails?" Jay asked. "Hm?" Hailey mumbled, as they slowly started rocking back and forth. "Are you okay now?" Jay asked again."Jay, it hurts" Hailey mumbled. "I'll take you to the Med okay" Jay suggested but Hailey just shook her head. "I'll walk there myself, maybe some fresh air will help, and besides, I don't want you to lose your job because of me." She replied and forced herself to smile a little. "Okay, but if anything happens, call me right away, okay?" Jay said, looking at her worried. He knew that she felt worse than she wanted to let him know. "I will, see you later" Hailey mumbled and went outside. He looked after her but went back to his desk after she was out of sight and hoped she'd be alright and Natalie would find out what's making Hailey feels so bad.

Hailey was sitting in tha waiting area of the Med,holding her stomach and almost crying because of the pain she almost couldn't stand anymore. "Hailey,what are you doing here?" She heard a familiar voice behind her. It was Natalie who just came into the waiting area . "I'm just having some stomach cramps,nothing bad" she replied. Natalie noticed that she was having way more pain than she wanted to confess . "Come with me then, I'll help you" Nat replied and helped Hailey stand up. They walked into an empty room and Hailey laid down . "How bad is the pain?" Natalie asked, carefully applying pressure on Hailey's abdomen. "Hardly bearable" Hailey mumbled. "Do you have any other symptoms?" She wanted to know. "I'm just really tired most of the time lately and I threw up a couple of times" Hailey replied. "Hm okay, April bring me the ultrasound machine in here now and bring some pain killers too please ." demanded Nat. A few minutes later April came back with the machine.Natalie lifted Hailey's shirt and squeezed the gel on her stomach, she grabbed the ultrasound stick and placed it on her lower abdomen. "Then lets see if we find out what's making you feel so bad" she said and turned the machine on.

Nat pointed at the screen. "You see that?" she asked Hailey. "Yes,why?" Hailey answered. "You're pregnant Hailey, congratulations"Natalie smiled,placing the stick back on the stand and wiping the gel off Hailey's stomach. "Really??" Hailey asked a bit surprised. "Yes,you should come again in a few weeks for a check up and if you don't feel better the next few days you should come too" Natalie explained . "You can go now actually or is there anything else I need to know?" . Hailey just smiled. "No there's nothing,see you" she replied and walked back home. Hailey couldn't stop smiling the whole way home. I'll finally have a baby..with Jay she thought.

Some hours later Jay came back from work and she was a bit nervous. "Do you feel better now?" He asked,hugging and kissing her. "Yeah I do" she replied smiling at him. "You can go to bed, I'm going to take a quick shower." Said Jay. Hailey went into the bedroom and lay down while she waited for Jay. Shortly after Jay came and lay down next to her. "I have to confess something to you Jay" Hailey said and looked him in the eyes. She was a bit scared how he would react but she was sure he'd be happy about it too "What is it? Is everything okay?" Jay asked, looking a little worried. "Well, as you know I was at the med earlier because I wasn't feeling so well and uhm..I'm pregnant," Hailey confessed. Jay looked at her briefly surprised and then took her in his arms. "That's wonderful Hails," he smiled. "Yes" Hailey also smiled. It's been a long time since she smiled the last time so much Jay thought and kissed her. He knew how happy she was now but he also knew that she was scared too. Hailey snuggled close to Jay . "I'm so tired" she mumbled and yawned. Jay had to laugh a little "Then you should probably sleep now" he suggested and stroked her back. Hailey snuggled closer to him and was asleep shortly after . "Good night Hails" he whispered and kissed her on the forehead.