3| wedding bells

it was a casual school week but this friday everything will change for good, never ever to be the same.

chrissy and y/n we're walking through the long halls of hawkins high when jason and patrick approached them.

jason was chrissys boyfriend, y/n thought he was a prick, captain of the basketball team, extremely arrogant, but as long as chrissy was happy i guess.

jason: *pushes patrick forwards* "cmon man just do it"
patrick: "uhh hi y/n"
y/n: "hey patrick, you okay?"
patrick: "yeh, i was just wondering if you wanted to go out with me tonight"
y/n: "oh wow really, yeh id love to"

just as y/n accepted his invitation eddie walked past and bumped her, tripping her over. patrick caught her brushing the hair off her face.

jason: "hey watch out you freak!"
eddie: *flips him off*

chrissy kissed jason and her and y/n walked to their next class. eddie was in that class, and guess where he sat, right in y/n spot.

y/n: "seriously move"
eddie: "oh im sorry jenkins was this your spot?" he smirked
y/n: "oh just fuck off honestly"
eddie: *gets up and whispers in her ear* "seat is all yours ma'am"

y/n got this feeling in her stomach, she didn't know what it was. she had butterflies. from eddie!!! no it can't be, not eddie the freak munson. not eddie her arch nemesis since middle school. yes that eddie.

y/n couldn't concentrate all she didn't know what had come over her. all she knew is this was bad.

*bell goes for end of the day*

everyone leaves the classroom but y/n is lost in space, stuck in her own little world. eddie clicks his fingers in his face and she wakes up.

y/n: "what are you doing!"
eddie: "geez calm down it's the end of the day"
y/n: "just move out of my way munson!"
eddie: "why are you in such a hurry"
y/n: "if you must know i have a date tonight and your in my way"
eddie: "ahh yes with the entitled patrick"
y/n: "shut up"
eddie: "make me" he grabs her arm and there faces are inches away from each other feeling each other's breath on their face.

y/n pulls away and starts walking out the door flipping him off.
eddie: "I HEAR THE WEDDING BELLS ALREADY" he yells out to her

-at home-

y/n starts getting ready for her date, she takes out her hair which is usually tied up, she puts on a plain light blue short dress and put stockings underneath. she puts on a little bit of mascara and walks out the door.

-the mall-

y/n walks into the little restaurant that patrick told her to meet him, he must be a little late cause he wasn't there yet.

an hour and a half passed, y/n was still sitting there all alone, tears began to fill her eyes as she realises she's been stood up.

she leaves the restaurant and guess who she bumps into. none other than eddie munson. she was not in the mood and tears slipped down her cheeks.

eddie: "hey watch out-"
"y/n? are you okay"
y/n: "just go away munson im not in the mood"
eddie: "i almost didn't recognise you without your hair up and glasses, you look good"
y/n; "just fuck off"

eddie had never cared about the careless things y/n said, but today was different. he could hear the pain in her voice and the sadness in her eyes, he generally wanted to help her. but she told him to fuck off, and for some reason it just hurt more than usual.

what was going on.