𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝘩𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯!

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - henderson!

━━━━━━━

 𝐒𝐂𝐎𝐎𝐏𝐒 𝐀𝐇𝐎𝐘 𝐒𝐌𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐃 just as sugary as ever. A delightful waft of... was that chocolate? Scarlet's stomach practically lurched; always hungry and making room for anything to do with chocolate. No wonder they'd run out of M&M's within a few hours just a week prior; Scarlet and Robin had stuffed themselves with chocolate-coated peanuts until they were pretty sure they'd vomit everywhere.

 Steve had heaved a heavy sigh, slapping on a 'we're out!' sign on the little tub, before turning to the two with narrowed eyes. It hadn't been the first time it had happened.

 For once, there wasn't a single person waiting at the counter; Robin was at the register, fingers working quickly to straighten out notes and unfurl bills; she was rather picky when it came to things like that. They just had to be perfect — which is exactly why Steve would find his hat pushed from his head whenever he just shoved a dollar inside without smoothing it out first.

 While Scarlet would have scrambled to the counter, her hand outstretched, ready and waiting for the stupid handshake she and Robin had created together... Scarlet had spied a frock of curly hair secured with a little green cap. 'Camp know where' was plastered on the front in a bold golden thread... Dustin.

 He sat opposite Steve, his sparse teeth tearing through a banana split as though it was the last thing he'd ever do. Between bites of cherry topping and whipped cream, Dustin would mutter something beneath his breath, arms planted on the table as he tipped closer to Steve.

 Scarlet trailed towards the pair, watching with a light buzz as Steve's smile tore at his face, cheeks turning a pale shade of pink as he met her gaze... She clamped her hands down on Dustin's shoulders, her lips close to his ear, "Welcome home!"

"Jesus Christ!" The boy shrieked. His red plastic spoon clattered to the table, and whipped cream was smeared everywhere. The scoop of banana and chocolate syrup splattered right in front of Steve, narrowly avoiding his fingers.

 Dustin leaned back, his neck twisting, and the slight scowl that had overtaken his features softened immediately at the grin Scarlet had given him. She looked... genuinely happy to see him; just like Steve.

 It was kind of disheartening that two teenagers that he hadn't really been all that close to for long... cared more about his return than his supposed best friends.

 Still, Dustin's brows trailed high, his gappy mouth on full display as he hollered with joy, "Scarlet!"

 Scarlet slid into the booth, legs immediately sticking to the cherry-red leather. An arm curled around Dustin's shoulders as she tugged him into her side, "How was camp?"