𝐱𝐱. 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘴

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 - the heart wants what it wants

━━━━━━━

 𝐃𝐔𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 positively alight with the news; his face had almost been torn in half thanks to the grin that had erupted upon his features. He'd hopped in place, wide eyes glistening as he spun in place, looking each and every way until his eyes landed upon the stores, and clock, that had led both Scarlet and Robin to cracking the code.

 They had all been buzzing with anticipation for the remainder of the day — though, for Dustin, it was likely a mixture of excitement, as well as the boat load of sugar from the ice cream he'd been guzzling.

 They had their answer; when blue meets yellow in the west — quarter to nine. They had been wringing their hands all day, impatiently waiting for the time to come when they could finally slam the shutters of Scoops Ahoy closed, and trail their way to the rooftop.

 It had begun to thunder with rain, and thankfully Scarlet had enough sense to have always kept a couple of rain jackets snug within the trunk of her car; a pale sage-green one for herself, the pink one that Eleven would wear when trailing behind Steve in the woods, the yellow one Maxine had stuffed away, and one of Robin's that Scarlet had pinched on the way home one night; she'd been entirely unwilling to walk down the path of her friends home underneath the cover of rain.

 So now... now Scarlet, Steve, Robin and Dustin were all draped in colourful raincoats like a little band of school children on a trip atop the roof of Starcourt Mall. The rain tore at them, soaking the peeking skin of their faces, a light chill from the water biting at their already pink noses.

 Steve had managed to squeeze himself into Max's raincoat, while Dustin had pinched Elevens... they both looked a sight, indeed. Max's rain jacket was snug around Steve's arms, and he couldn't quite pull the zip as high as it should have gone... but at least his back and head were dry.

 Though he was mortified at the fact that he'd forgotten to fill his car with gas the night prior, and had walked into work this very morning. He'd be soaked by the time he'd get home.

 Scarlet was snug between Steve and Robin, while Dustin manned Steve's other side, hands firmly clasping his binoculars. It was surprising that he could see anything through the sopping rain and the overcast sky.

 Scarlet reached a hand around Steve, aimlessly tapping at Dustin's back as she rose her voice above the patter of rain, "Look for Imperial Panda or Kaufman shoes!"

 Dustin bobbed his head, fingers darting to the small hood keeping him dry as he held it in place while a ripple of wind threatened to pull it free. He peered through his binoculars, eyes scanning the multitude of delivery boxes... until another delivery guy split through the dark haze with a trolly stacked high with dripping wet boxes; the very ones he'd been searching for.