𝐱𝐱𝐱. 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘳𝘶𝘨𝘨𝘦𝘥 𝘥𝘶𝘰

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 - the drugged duo

━━━━━━━

 𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐓, 𝐃𝐔𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐃 Erica had struggled — but managed — to wrangle both a stumbling Steve and a fidgeting Robin inside of the elevator that had plummeted them into a Russian hellscape. The two teenagers hadn't stopped giggling among themselves; they were like a couple of school children chortling on the playground.

 Still, Scarlet wasn't exactly impressed to be back inside the elevator that had sent her rocking on the floor while her heart pounded in protest... hopefully this time things would go smoothly, though Scarlet was certain that was wishful thinking. Nothing in Hawkins ever went smoothly, did it?

 The answer to that was a resounding no. Scarlet had already pondered just what could go wrong; perhaps the Russians would be up top waiting for them. Maybe Steve and Robin would begin frothing at the mouth and subsequently choke... though... at least they'd stop giggling. So really, that last one wasn't entirely bad? A silver lining, if you will.

 Scarlet bumped Dustin's side, eying the keycard he'd swiped, "Ready to get out of here?"

 Dustin only grimaced, watching as Robin tried to stumble to her feet with all the grace of a newborn deer... she soon toppled over, her boney elbow poking into Steve's stomach, causing the boy to choke and splutter.

 Dustin couldn't think of anything better, so he nodded, swiped the keycard and, thankfully, off the elevator went. It wasn't nearly as horrific as the first time — no plummeting to certain death, no walls that seemed to reach out for Scarlet, growing closer and closer... no, it was somewhat bearable.

 Steve and Robin were a distraction, not entirely welcomed, but neither unwelcomed. They were loud and raucous; Steve had hopped atop an old cart used to transport the boxes of green goo, his arms were flung to the side, legs positioned as though he was surfing while Robin cheered him on, holding up nine of her fingers as her rating out of ten. Then, there was a jolt and Steve crashed to the ground.

 "Would it be terrible of me to knock them out?" Scarlet whispered, eyes unmoving as she watched Robin summon all of her strength to pull Steve to his feet. She failed and was soon by his side in a heap of freckled limbs.

 Dustin shook his head, "I wouldn't judge you."

 "Me neither." Erica added, then she pondered, "Actually, I don't want to carry their asses when we're out of here."

 "Fair point."

 "Yeah." Scarlet sighed, fingers smoothing out the throbbing sensation building in the forefront of her head, "They were drugged with something... something that would 'help them talk' Apparently."